Healthier Spin On the Classics:
I love taking the classics I’m craving and making them with my own healthier spin. I don’t deprive myself of the foods I am craving. And so when I am craving certain meals, I will make my own healthier spin to the meals for the work week.
Having a plan:
When it comes to meal prepping, I can’t stress enough how important it is to have some sort of a plan. It doesn’t have to be exactly what will happen during the week, because even for myself there are days I end up changing my mind. But a plan sure does help me, especially when going grocery shopping and sticking to my list.
Check out my grocery list here and feel free to print this out and write out your plan:
**Please note that I didn’t add the ingredients for the soup since I already had everything in my fridge.**
Whats on the menu:
- Grain-Free Lemon Blueberry Banana Bread
- Strawberry Chocolate Brownies
- Instant Pot Penne Vodka Ziti
- Instant Pot Vegetable and Chicken Soup
- Instant Pot Cauliflower Mash
Prep once. Eat healthy all week
Plans have helped me:
I have been meal prepping for over 7 years now and I must say it has helped me in a lot of ways!
- It has saved me time during my busy work weeks and its one less thing I have to worry about after a long day at work.
- Saving money has been he biggest perk. Because I have a plan, write out my grocery list prior to going to the store, stick to my list, and not have to worry about buying unnecessary things that will just go to waste.
- Helping me eat a well-balanced and varied diet even with the busiest of schedules.
- And it has been super fun to get creative with my meals and makes being in the kitchen fun.
I’ve said it many times, MEAL PREP really is the best thing any of us can do to live and eat healthier, especially those with the busiest of schedules.
Must have items for meal prepping:
Now my must haves for meal prepping include the following:
- Glass Tupperware for storing all your meals
- Instant pot not a must have but it definitely is worth the money
- A note pad for writing out the plan
- Stasher Bags for another form of storage
- On-the-go utensils
- Weck jars
I hope this helps you all get motivated to try your hand at meal prepping. And don’t forget to follow along on my Instagram every Sunday to see what I am meal prepping.
Happy meal prepping!