Instant Pot Vegetable and Chicken Soup:
This nourishing vegetable and chicken soup is one of my favorites to make when I am feeling under the weather or just when I want a cozy bowl of soup for the soul. The nice thing about this soup is that it can be prepared in an instant pot or stove top.
Saute vegetables first:
I first set my instant pot to the sauté function, add avocado oil to pot, and warm oil. Once oil is warm (you can test by adding a piece of the onion to pot and if it starts to sizzle its good to go) I add celery, carrots, onions, salt + pepper, and sauté for 5-7 minutes. Then I add in seasonings along with garlic and cook a couple minutes, stirring throughout so the garlic doesn’t burn.
Preparing the soup:
Once veggies have sautéed I turn off my instant pot, add in my bone broth, cilantro, lime juice, diced chicken, and close my instant pot, seal valve, and set to soup function for 30 minutes. Then once my soup is done, I let the pressure release naturally (about 10-12 minutes). When done, I open my pot, add in the zucchini, broccoli, and let the veggies softened for about 5-7 minutes.
Instant Pot Veggie and Chicken Soup
- 2 chicken breast cut in bite size pieces
- 2 celery stalks chopped
- 1 zucchini chopped
- 2 carrots chopped
- 1 small head of Broccoli diced
- 1 lime juiced
- 1/3 chopped red or yellow onion
- 1 head of cilantro
- 1 package Bonafide Provisions turkey or chicken bone broth or any type of broth you have
- 2 cups filtered water
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 Tbsp Primal Palate amore seasoning
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1/4 tsp coriander
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- Salt + pepper to taste
- 1 small peeled sweet potato optional
- Set instant pot to Sauté function: add avocado oil, onions, celery, carrots, salt + pepper, and sauté for 5-7 minutes.
- Add seasonings, garlic, and cook stir a couple minutes
- Add in your bone broth, water, cilantro, lime juice
- Add in diced chicken, cover instant pot, seal, set to soup for 30 minutes
- Let pressure release naturally then add in broccoli and zucchini, let sit for 5 minutes