Instant pot cauliflower mash:
I love instant pot cauliflower mashed “potatoes.” Now don’t get me wrong, I love the classic mashed potatoes, but sometimes I want to mix it up and enjoy these mock potatoes.
Ingredients you will need:
- Ghee (substitute oil, butter, or a plant-based butter)
- Chicken bone broth (substitute water or vegetable broth)
- salt and pepper to taste
How to prepare:
I add the trivet that comes with the instant pot to the pot. I add about 1 cup of chicken bone broth, and chopped cauliflower on the trivet. Next, I close my instant pot and set to steam function for 4 minutes. Once it is done I do the quick release of the pressure and open the instant pot.
Creating the “potatoes.”:
Once I have steamed the cauliflower I drain a little bit of the liquid, so that I don’t end up with soup versus potato like consistency. Then with an immersion blender (or potato masher), I mash up the cauliflower along with the ghee and salt + pepper.
Instant Pot Cauliflower Mash
- 1 large head of cauliflower chopped
- 1 tbsp Fourth and Heart California garlic ghee sub any oil or butter
- Salt + pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup Bonafide Provisions chicken broth sub water
- Add bonebroth to pot, add trivet, place chopped cauliflower on top
- Close instant pot, seal valve, set to steam high pressure for 3 minutes
- Once done quick release of pressure
- Remove trivet from pot, add ghee, and with an immersion blender, blend the cauliflower
- Add salt + pepper to taste