Instant Pot Penne Vodka Ziti:
I was craving some creamy pasta and thought why not try my hand at some instant pot penne vodka ziti. I feel that a lot of people are intimated to use their instant pot, but I promise it is super easy to use. And I really feel like you can never mess things up.
Ingredients you will need:
- I used Jovial Foods Organic Brown Rice Gluten Free Penne Pasta but feel free to use whatever pasta you prefer.
- Buy Ranch Direct Ground turkey sausage
- Primal Palate Amore seasoning
- Primal Kitchen Foods No Dairy Vodka Sauce or feel free to use whatever pasta sauce you like.
- Turkey bone broth
- Kite Hill Dairy-free ricotta cheese or regular ricotta cheese
- Cilantro or parsley
Optional but highly recommend:
- Mozzarella cheese
- Cottage cheese
How to prepare in instant pot:
I first set my instant pot to the sauté function and add my ghee to warm. Then add the diced onions with salt + pepper, and sauté for 5 minutes. Next, I add in the ground sausage with the seasoning and cook for about 5 minutes, or until no longer pink. I then add in the pasta sauce, turkey bone broth, and mix. Lastly, I add the pasta on top but I do not stir in the pasta, I let it just sit on top.
Setting instant pot:
Once I have everything prepared I shut off the sauté function, close my instant pot, seal valve, and set to high pressure for 6 minutes. Once it is done I do quick release of pressure. Carefully open the instant pot and stir in the ricotta, mozzarella cheese, cottage cheese, basil, and cilantro.
Meal prep ahead of time:
Now this meal can easily be meal prepped ahead of time and enjoyed throughout the week. To reheat, I like to add my serving to a small baking dish, and bake 350 F for 15-20 minutes. And don’t forget about the homemade gluten-free garlic bread.
Check out these other pasta dishes:
Instant Pot Penne Vodka Ziti
- 1 Box Jovial foods gluten free penne pasta Or any pasta you enjoy
- 1/3 cup diced onions
- 1 Tbsp garlic ghee Substitute avocado oil and 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 lb Ground turkey sausage
- 1 Tbsp Primal Palate Amore seasoning
- 1 24 oz jar Primal Kitchen Foods No Dairy Vodka Sauce Substitue any tomato sauce
- 1 1/2 cup Turkey bone broth
- 1 8 oz. kite hill dairy-free ricotta cheese Substitute regular ricotta
- 2 Tbsp chopped Basil
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
Optional but I recommend for an extra creamy pasta :
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup cottage cheese
- Set instant pot to sauté function
- Add ghee, warm, sauté onions for a few minutes with salt + pepper
- Add ground turkey, seasoning, and cook
- Add tomato sauce, broth, and mix
- Turn off sauté function add pasta on top and do not stir
- Set to high pressure and cook for 6 minutes once done quick release pressure
- Stir in the ricotta, cottage cheese, mozzarella cheese, basil, and cilantro