Strawberry Chocolate Brownies:
There is not better way to say I love you than with some homemade strawberry chocolate brownies. With Valentines day around the corner, why not show yourself or your loved ones some love by making them these? These brownies are vegan, grain-free, refined sugar-free, and only require 8 ingredients.
Ingredients you will need:
- Flax eggs or regular eggs
- Tahini or any nut or seed butter you prefer
- Maple syrup
- Philosophie Cacao Magic or regular cacao powder
- Baking soda
- Chocolate chips of your choice
- Optional: Primal Palate cinnamon sugar cookie seasoning or coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup fresh strawberries
Preparing the flax eggs:
I first prepare my flax eggs by adding my ground flaxseed meal to a small bowl with 6 Tbsp of water. Mix them together and let them sit for 10-15 minutes. But make sure it is a gel like consistency before adding it to your mixture. Because if it is still watery it means you haven’t let it sit long enough. This can also be prepared night before.
Prepping the brownies:
Once the flax eggs are done, I then add rest of the ingredients (except chocolate chips and strawberries) to a medium size bowl, and mix. Then I fold in the chocolate chips, pour into a line 8×8 baking dish, top with sliced strawberries, and bake on 350 F for 28-30 minutes.
Let cool to firm up:
I let my brownies cool completely before I drizzle chocolate on top and slice. The brownies will firm up more when letting them cool completely. But you can also speed up the process by storing in the refrigerator for an hour. Once cooled, add the chocolate drizzle, and cut into 9 large squares.
For storing my brownies, I like to store in an airtight container in the refrigerator or freezer. They taste delicious warmed, room temperature, or even out of the freezer (almost like a fudge).
Check out these other brownie recipes:
Vegan Brownies With Date Caramel Frosting
Strawberry Chocolate Brownies
- 2 flax eggs 2 tbsp flax + 6 tbsp water let sit for 15 minutes
- 1 cup tahini Substitute any nut or seed butter
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup Philosophie Cacao Magic Substitute regular cacao powder
- Pinch of Celtic sea salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 2 Tbsp Primal Palate cinnamon sugar cookie seasoning OPTIONAL
- Prepare your flax eggs in a small bowl and let sit for 15 minutes. Or until it is a thick gel like consistency
- Add the rest of the ingredients along with the flax eggs to a medium size bowl and mix
- Fold in chocolate chips
- Add batter to a lined 8x8 baking dish
- Top with fresh strawberry slices
- Bake 350 for 28-30 minutes (I did 30 in my convection oven)
- Let cool completely
- Drizzle with melted chocolate
- Slice into 9 large squares
- Store in airtight container in refrigerator