Frozen Banana Snickers:
These frozen banana snickers are going to be your new favorite grab and go snack or treat during your busy weeks. Because they are super easy to prepare, made with real ingredients, and even picky eater approved.
Peanut Butter Caramel:
First things first, prep the 3 ingredient peanut butter caramel. I always have a stash of this caramel in my refrigerator because it is a great addition to a variety of items. And it is perfect for prepping ahead of time. But I also have this date caramel version that is also just as good in this recipe.
Ingredients you will need for peanut butter caramel:
- Organic creamy peanut butter
- Vanilla extract
- Maple syrup
Preparing the caramel:
Simply mix the 3 ingredients in a bowl until you get a caramel like consistency. And feel free to taste as you go and adjust the sweetness if needed. But I also have a delicious date caramel you could use in this recipe too.
How do I store the leftover caramel?
And if you have any leftover caramel, simply store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. But I highly suggest making a large batch of this peanut butter caramel. Because it is so delicious and goes well on a variety of items.
Ingredients needed for frozen banana snickers:
- PB caramel
- Hu Kitchen Dark Chocolate Gems ( use code: Melissa for 15% off) substitute any type of chocolate chips
- Coconut oil
- Crushed peanuts or any type of nut/seeds
How to prepare the frozen banana snickers:
And now that the caramel is prepped and ready to go, it’s time to put the frozen banana snickers together. Slice each banana in 1/2 lengthwise. And then slice each half in 1/2 crosswise. I used three bananas and ended up with 12 slices. Add about 1 Tbsp of the peanut butter caramel to each slice, top with chopped peanuts, and drizzle with melted chocolate. And stick in the freezer for 1-2 hours or overnight.
How to store:
Store the frozen banana snickers in an airtight container in the freezer. And enjoy them straight out of the freezer for a grab and go snack or treat.
And check out these snicker banana bites:
Frozen Banana Snickers:
- 3 bananas
- 1/4 cup chopped peanuts
- 1/3 cup organic creamy peanut butter I use Georgia Grinders
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2-3 Tbsp chocolate chips of choice + 1/2 tsp coconut oil I use Hu Kitchen Chocolate Gems
- Peel and slice your bananas
- Slice each banana in half lengthwise and then slice each half in half crosswise
- Mix your peanut butter, maple syrup, and vanilla extract until you get a caramel like consistency
- Spread about 1 Tbsp of the peanut butter caramel on each slice
- Top each slice with chopped peanut
- Melt chocolate gems/chips with coconut oil
- Drizzle melted chocolate on top
- And freeze for at least an hour
- Keep store in an airtight container or bag in the freezer