Snicker Banana Bites:
Snicker banana bites are going to be your new favorite grab and go snack or treat during the busy weeks. They are super easy to prepare, made with real ingredients, and even picky eater approved.
First things first prep the 5 ingredient date caramel. I always have a stash of this caramel in my refrigerator because it is a great addition to a variety of items. And it is perfect for prepping ahead of time.
Ingredients you will need for caramel:
- Medjool dates soaked over-night or at least 30 minutes in warm water
- Cashew Butter
- Coconut oil
- Vanilla extract
- Maple Syrup (optional if you want it extra sweet)
- Optional if you want thinner consistency: filtered water or some of the date water from soaking dates
The steps to prepare this date caramel is super simple:
Add soaked medjool dates, cashew butter, coconut oil, vanilla extract, salt and optional maple syrup if using to a food processor. Process until a nice smooth consistency is created, about 30 seconds. And if you want it to be thinner consistency, add 1 Tbsp at a time of the reserved date water, process until you get desired consistency.
How do I store the leftover caramel?
This recipe makes a lot of date caramel. And to store the leftovers, add to an airtight glass container or jar, and keep in the refrigerator for up to a week or so (if it last that long). But if you want to make it last longer, stick it in the freezer for up to 2 months. And when ready to use just store in refrigerator overnight to allow it to soften and let sit at room temperature for an hour being using.
Ingredients needed for snicker banana bites:
- Frozen bananas
- Date caramel
- Peanut butter (use code: MHK20 for 20% off) substitute any nut/seed butter
- Hu Kitchen Dark Chocolate Gems ( use code: Melissa for 15% off) substitute any type of chocolate chips
- Coconut oil
- Crushed peanuts or any type of nut/seeds
How to prepare the snicker banana bites:
And now that the caramel is prepped and ready to go, it’s time to make the snicker banana bites. First, freeze bananas either overnight or until frozen for a few hours. And slice into 1 inch thick coins, top with peanut butter, caramel, and freeze for at least 3o minutes.
Dipping in chocolate:
Once the snicker bites are frozen, using a fork, dip each bite into the melted chocolate, and coat both sides. Transfer dipped bites onto a lined plate or cutting board and sprinkle chopped peanuts on top, before the chocolate sets. And transfer the bites to the freezer and let freeze for about 30 minutes.
How to store:
Store the snicker banana bites in an airtight container in the freezer. And enjoy them straight out of the freezer for a grab and go snack or treat.
I hope you love these as much as we do. And if you make them be sure to tag me over on Instagram, so I can see all of your wonderful creations.
5 Ingredient Vegan Date Caramel
- 1 cup soaked medjool dates I soak overnight and drain water (reserving water)
- 1/2 cup cashew butter
- 1/4 cup coconut oil Not melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1-2 Tbsp maple syrup Optional:l if you like it sweeter
- 1-2 Tbsp filtered water or reserved date water from soaking if you like your caramel thinner consistency OPTIONAL: Only use if you want thinner consitency
- Add all ingredients except the filtered water to food processor
- Process for about 25-30 seconds or until you reach your desired consistency, scraping down the sides throughout
- If you want thinner consistency add 1 Tbsp at a time of filtered water until you reach desired consistency
- Store in an airtight jar in the refrigerator for up to 2-3 weeks
- Or store in freezer for up to 6 months and when wanting to use let it defrost in refrigerator
Snicker Banana Bites:
- 3 frozen bananas
- 1/4 cup peanut butter or any nut/seed butter you like
- 1/4 cup homemade vegan date caramel
- 1 cup dark chocolate gems or any type of chocolate chips you like
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 3 Tbsp crushed peanuts or any type of nut/seeds you like
- Peel your ripe bananas and freeze overnight
- Cut frozen bananas into 1 inch thick coins
- Add about 1 tsp of peanut butter to each coin
- Add about 1 tsp of date caramel on top of the peanut butter
- Freeze banana bites for at least 30 minutes
- Melt your chocolate gems or chocolate chips with coconut oil until melted
- With a fork dip your banana bites in chocolate until coated
- Top with crushed peanuts as soon as you remove the banana bites from chocolate, before the chocolate sets
- Add to a lined plate or cutting board
- Place the dish with the snicker banana bites in the freezer for 30 minutes
- Enjoy straight out of the freezer
- Keep stored in an airtight container in the freezer