Buffalo Sliders on Sweet potato buns
Summer time is the time for gathering with friends, entertaining, and eating delicious food right? One of my favorite appetizers to prepare when entertaining are these easy buffalo sliders on sweet potato buns. They can easily be prepared the night before so you aren’t scrambling to prepare it the day of. They are paleo, gluten free, grain free, whole30 approved, and sugar free.
What you will need for these buffalo sliders:
- Buy Ranch Direct ground buffalo (substitute any meat you prefer)
- No sugar added Pederson’s Farm’s bacon
- Red onion
- Red Bell pepper
- Jalapeno deseeded
- Minced garlic
- Fresh cilantro
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Avocado oil
- Sweet potatoes
Steps to making the buffalo sliders:
- Sauté your red onion, bell pepper, jalapeño, cilantro, with avocado oil for 5-7 minutes
- Add in minced garlic and seasoning and cook until fragrant
- Let the veggie mixture cool completely
- Add veggie mixture to a bowl with the ground buffalo and diced cooked bacon
- Mix, form into bite size patties
- Add to a grill pan with avocado oil and cook a few minutes each side
Prepare your sweet potato buns:
For the sweet potato buns, I wash my sweet potatoes very well, cut into 1 inch thick coins. I spray with some avocado oil, add salt and pepper to taste, and bake 400 F for 25-30 minutes. You can prep these in advance, but if doing in advance undercook them a bit, so you can reheat the day of and they don’t turn out soggy.
Once you have everything done, make some fresh guacamole by mixing some avocado, garlic powder, salt and pepper to taste, and fresh cilantro. Top your sweet potato buns with a slider, guacamole, and slices of cooked bacon. Your guest are going to fall in love with the flavor of these bad boys, guaranteed.
Here are some other summer time entertaining favorites of mine:
Buffalo Sliders on Sweet Potato Buns
- 1 lb ground @buyranchdirect buffalo
- 2 sugar free bacon slices diced
- 1/3 cup diced red onion
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 1 jalapeño deseeded and diced
- 3-4 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 cup diced cilantro
- Salt + pepper to taste
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 2 Tbsp avocado oil
- Heat pan with 1 Tbsp avocado oil and sauté onion, bell pepper, jalapeño, and cilantro for a few minutes
- Add in seasonings and garlic and cook until fragrant (2 minutes).
- Let the veggie mixture cool before adding to the bowl with buffalo, diced bacon
- Add the veggie mixture to the buffalo and diced bacon, mix, and form into bite size patties
- cook the patties 2-3 minutes each side on a grill pan with 1 Tbsp avocado oil.
- Sweet potato coins: wash and slice into coins, spray with avocado oil, salt + pepper, and bake 400 for 25-30 minutes.
- Guacamole: 1 avocado, juice of one lime, 1/2 tsp garlic powder, salt + pepper to taste, cilantro.