Wild caught cod ceviche:
If you are looking for a fresh, delicious meal to prepare for your upcoming summer BBQ’s try this no baking/cooking required wild caught cod ceviche. It is one of my favorite summer time (really anytime) dishes to prepare.
What is ceviche?
And if you don’t know what ceviche is, it is marinated raw fish that is typically garnished and served as an appetizer or a meal. There are so many varieties of ceviche you can make, but I personally prefer making it with wild caught cod.
Meal prep ahead of time:
I like to prep mine the night before to allow the fish to marinate/cook in the juices. But if preparing it in the morning of your festivities just be sure to allow enough time to let the fish marinate (at leas 2 hours). But I personally prefer letting mine marinate for about 6 hours.
What you’ll need:
- Chopped wild caught Cod, I usually buy my wild caught cod fresh at Sprouts or order from Vital Choice
- Lots of limes, this is the time you want to go to Costco and get limes because you will need at least 28 limes for this recipe
- Persian cucumber
- Red onion
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Juice of an orange
- Garlic powder
- Salt + pepper
- Optional: Tapatio hot sauce for some additional heat
How to prepare:
Add all these ingredients to a large bowl and make sure that all the fish is covered in the juices. And cover and let it sit in the refrigerator over night or for at least 2 hours. Then strain the juices and serve with grain free Siete Food chips, homemade air fried plantain chips, or tostadas.
I like pairing mine with some homemade air fried plantain chips because it is just the best combination. And the plantain chips are super easy to make, especially if you have an air fryer. I simply cut mine super thin, spray with some avocado oil, and season with salt and pepper. Cook 370 F in greased air fryer for 15 minutes, shaking half way through. But if you don’t have any air fryer that is okay you can make them in the oven too. My tip is to make sure you cut them extra thin, so that they get nice and crispy.
Wild Caught Cod Ceviche
- 2 lbs wild caught cod chopped into bite size pieces
- 1/2 small red onion diced
- 1/2 cup chopped cherry tomatoes
- 2-3 small persian cucumbers diced
- 28 limes juiced
- 1 1/2 large oranges juiced
- 1 small Jalapeño deseeded
- 1/2 Tbsp Celtic sea salt + ground pepper
- 1 Tbsp garlic powder
- 1/2 cup cilantro chopped + 2 Tbsp for garnish
- 2 Tbsp Tapatio Optional if you like it spicy
- Pat dry the cod
- Dice up into bite size chunks, and add to a large bowl.
- Squeeze all the limes and oranges until the fish is covered.
- Add rest of the ingredients to bowl and mix
- Let it sit covered in fridge for at leas 2 hours, I personally let it marinate between 4-6 hours
- Drain liquid and serve with chips, plantain chips, or tostadas