Build your own Poke bowls:
My brother is a huge fan of Poke and every time we would go to Hawaii he would tell me to try poke. I was always so hesitant, until our last trip to Hawaii. I finally tried poke and it forever changed my life. And I thought to myself, why have I waited this long to try? What better place to try poke for the first time than Hawaii right? It was so fresh and delicious that was all I wanted the remainder of the trip!
Once we got back home from Hawaii, I was visiting my brother one weekend, and he took us to his favorite spot to get poke. It reminded me of Chipotle only with poke, the set up was quite amazing. And I loved how I could tailor it the way I like my poke bowls. Which gave me the idea of DIY poke bowls at home!
DIY Poke bowls at home:
I grabbed all the ingredients I needed for the poke bowls at Wholefoods. But you can grab sushi grade salmon or tuna at other places too. For the tuna and salmon, I went to the seafood section of the store, and grabbed the fresh sushi grade fish from there.
Ingredients I used:
- Sushi grad Tuna
- Riced cauliflower
- Sushi grade salmon
- Roasted seaweed
- Trader Joes: Everything but the bagel sesame seed seasoning
- Coconut aminos
- Limes juiced
Preparing the cauliflower rice:
I cooked my cauliflower rice with some ghee, salt and pepper, and coconut aminos in a pan for a few minutes. If you aren’t doing Whole30 you can add in white rice or brown rice. Then let the rice cool completely before assembling your bowls.
Assembling the bowls:
First, add cauliflower rice the bowls as the base. And then add a little bit of everything that you like. And top with everything but the bagel sesame seed seasoning, and enjoy!
If you have extra’s left over store in separate tupperware and when you want to make another bowl assemble the day of. I typically will consume within 1-2 days of purchasing the fish.
Build your own poke bowls
- 1 cup Cauliflower rice
- 1/2 lb Sushi grade plain ahi tuna
- 1/2 lb Sushi grade plain salmon
- 1/2 cup Mango
- 1 package Roasted seaweed in onion flavor
- 1/2 cup Cucumbers
- 1 Avocado
- 1/3 cup Turmeric kimchi
- 1/3 cup Cilantro
- 1 tbsp Fourth and Heart California garlic ghee Sub avocado oil or coconut oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup coconut aminos
- 1 tbsp Trader Joes Everything but the bagel sesame seed seasoning Sub sesame seeds
- 1-2 Limes juiced
- Cook your cauliflower rice with ghee, salt + pepper, and 1-2 tbsp coconut aminos for a few minutes. Let the rice cool completely
- mix sesame oil, coconut aminos, lime juice, and add to your tuna and salmon .
- Assemble your bowls with all the fixings and top with everything but the bagel sesame seed seasoning