Grilling season is upon us so be sure to add these flavorful loaded veggie and lamb kabobs to your next BBQ menu. Confession, I have never used a BBQ to cook my food on. I know what SoCal girl has never BBQ before? Well I am here to tell you that there is no need for a BBQ when you have a bomb indoor grill pan that works just as good.
My food philosophy includes eat the rainbow. That means loading up your plates with lots of color and always having some sort of veggie with every meal. For these kabobs I am using red bell peppers, yellow bell peppers, zucchini, red onions, and some mushrooms, along with the chopped lamb.
First things first, soak your wooden skewers in some water for up to an hour to prevent them from burning when you cook your kabobs. Then you want to marinate your lamb with Primal Palate’s Amore seasoning, minced garlic, salt + pepper, juice of a lemon for 10-15 minutes. Once you lamb is done marinating you are going to assemble by adding your veggies and lamb onto wooden skewers. Then add to a greased grill pan and cook a couple minutes each side.
I made a fresh batch of chimichurri sauce to drizzle over the lamb kabobs as well because it just adds such a delicious flavor to them. This sauce is super easy to prepare by just adding all your fresh ingredients to a food processor and processing until you reach your desired consistency.
- Red wine vinegar
- Salt + pepper
- Avocado oil
- Juice of a lime
- Chili flakes.
I also made some cauliflower rice in which I just sautéed with Fourth and Heart California ghee, salt and pepper for a few minutes. For the cucumber salad I added diced cucumbers, red onions, olives, juice of a lemon, red wine vinegar, garlic, salt and pepper, olive oil to a bowl and let marinate for 10 minutes. This salad taste even better a couple days later since the veggies get nice and marinated with the juices.
- 1 lb Buy Ranch Direct lamb kabobs chopped into bite size pieces
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1 Tbsp Primal Palate amore seasoning
- Salt + pepper to taste
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 cup parsley
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup avocado oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- Salt + pepper to taste
- 1 lime juiced
- Add everything to a bowl and let sit in marinade for 10 minutes.
- Chop red, yellow, orange bell peppers, zucchini, red onion, and mushrooms.
- Add everything to wooden skewers (which I soaked in water to prevent burning).
- Add some avocado oil to grill pan and cook a couple minutes each side.
- Add everything to food processor and process a couple times.
- Let sit at room temperature for a few minutes and serve.
- Store in fridge in a mason jar.