I have been whipping up these cilantro jalapeno grass fed burgers for years now. I think we have them at least once a month in our household. They are the perfect item to meal prep, because you can repurpose the leftovers into a variety of meals throughout the week, so that you don’t get bored with leftovers.
You could use these in:
- Creating a meat sauce by crumbling the patties and putting it into your favorite tomato sauce
- Lettuce wraps
- My favorite option: Burger bowls
The first step is to prepare your air fried sweet potato fries, so you can get these going while you prepare your patties. You want to add your japanese sweet potatoes that you peeled and sliced into fries to your air fryer. Spray with some avocado oil and season with Primal Palate’s meat and potato seasoning. Cook on 400 for 20 minutes, shaking half way through.
Now while your fries are cooking, prepare your patties. The preparation of these are super easy and pretty much fail proof! You will need to grab these items to prepare the burgers:
- Grass fed and finished ground beef (substitute ground turkey, ground chicken, ground pork)
- Lots of cilantro
- Jalapeno (seeds removed)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Meat and Potato seasoning from Primal Palate
- Garlic ghee (use avocado oil or any oil you use)
I like to saute all my veggies before adding it into the meat mixture, but this is personal preference. You can skip this step and just add everything to your meat mixture. If you are going to trust my personal preference and saute your veggies you are going to want to heat your pan with the ghee. Once warm, add in your onions, cilantro, jalapeno, salt + pepper, and cook for 5 minutes. You are going to let your veggies cool for a few minutes. Then add to your meat mixture with the meat and potato seasoning, mix with your hands, and form into patties. Heat a grill pan with the other tablespoon of ghee and cook your patties a few minutes on each side.
Cilantro jalapeno grass fed burgers
- 1 lb buyranchdirect grass fed beef
- ⅓ yellow onion diced
- Handful of cilantro
- 1 jalapeno deseeded
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1-2 tsp primal palate meat and potato seasoning
- 2 Tbsp california garlic ghee
- Saute your onions, jalapeno, and cilantro with 1 Tbsp of ghee for 5 minutes. Once done let cool.
- Add cooled veggie mixture to meat, with seasoning, mix with your hands, form into patties.
- Heat a grill pan with 1 Tbsp of ghee and cook patties a couple minutes each side.
Air fried sweet potato fries:
- 1 Japanese sweet potato fries sprayed with avocado oil and seasoned with primal palate meat and potato seasoning. Bake 400 for 20 minutes flipping halfway.