Chicken Mediterranean Burgers
These chicken Mediterranean burgers are locked and loaded with flavor, they will be your new go to burger recipe guaranteed. They make for the perfect meal prep item, they freeze well, and go with a variety of meals, so leftovers don’t have to be boring.
- Ground chicken, ground turkey, ground beef, ground bison
- Sun dried tomatoes in olive oil
- Feta cheese
- Red bell peppers
- Red onion
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Primal Palate Super Gyro seasoning (substitute dried oregano, thyme, and garlic powder)
How to prepare burgers:
Depending on timing, I like to start by sautéing my onions, sun dried tomatoes, cilantro, and red bell peppers in a pan for 5-7 minutes. Then add in your chopped spinach and cook until wilted (about 2 minutes). Let the veggies cool completely and then add to your ground meat with seasonings. And I mix it all up with my hands and form into about 12 patties.But if you are in a time crunch, just add everything to a bowl, and mix.
Cooking in grill pan instructions:
I heat a grill pan with some oil, add my patties to the pan, and cook a few minutes each side. And during the week when I need to reheat I simply add to my convection oven on 300 F and cook for about 10-12 minutes or until warmed through.
Prepping in air fryer instructions:
But my favorite way to prep these Mediterranean burgers is in my air fryer. And if you have one, I suggest you make them using this version. I simply add the burgers to my greased air fryer pan and cook 370 for 12 minute. And during the week when I need to reheat I either reheat a few minutes in my air fryer or in my convection oven as listed above.
How to enjoy these burgers:
The possibilities are endless when it comes to repurposing these burgers in a variety of meals for the week. But one of my favorite ways to enjoy is by making a burger bowl salad. But you could make regular burgers, sliders using sweet potatoes as the “bun,” or even crumble it up over some pasta.
Chicken Mediterranean Burgers
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/3 cup sundried tomatoes
- 1 Large red bell pepper
- 1 lb Buy Ranch Direct ground chicken Substitute ground turkey, beef, or bison
- 1/3 cup diced red onion
- 2 handfuls chopped spinach
- Salt + pepper to taste
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 cup feta cheese
- 1 Tbsp Primal Palate Super Gyro seasoning Substitue 1/4 tsp dried oregano, 1/4 tsp dried thyme, 1/4 tsp garlic powder
Grill pan instructions
- Sauté cilantro, onion, bell pepper, Sun dried tomatoes for a few minutes.
- Add spinach and garlic and cook until spinach is wilted.
- Let cool and add to ground chicken, along with feta Cheese, and seasoning.
- Form into patties and cook a few minutes each side on a grill pan with avocado oil.
Air fryer instructions
- Chop the onion, bell pepper, sun dried tomatoes and spinach
- Add to the ground meat, add seaosoning, and mix with your hands
- Form into 12-14 sliders
- Add to greased air fryer pan and cook 370 for 12 minutes