Chipotle Lime Salmon Burgers:
One of my favorite summer time meals to prepare are salmon burgers. Because I can mix and match the flavor combinations every time so that I don’t get bored and stay satisfied. This weeks meal prep included these Whole30 chipotle lime salmon burgers and they are a huge hit over here, even Todd rants and raves about them.
How to make your chipotle lime salmon burgers:
- I used Vital Choice wild caught salmon but you can also use canned salmon.
- First bake salmon with some avocado oil, garlic powder, and salt and pepper on 350 F for 15 minutes.
- While the salmon is cooking, add your vegetables to a food processor, and pulse a couple times to chop vegetables, or hand dice them all.
- Add your Primal Kitchen Foods Chipotle Lime Mayo and Primal Kitchen Foods Spicy brown mustard to the vegetables, and mix.
- Once the salmon is done cooking, with a fork shred, and add to the vegetable mixture.
- Add the eggs, mix, and form into patties. But don’t be alarmed if they seem to wet, they will firm up once you bake.
Cooking your salmon patties:
There are various ways that I cook my salmon patties, but it all depends on what mood I’m in. One of my favorite ways to enjoy the salmon burgers, is cooking them in the air fryer. Because it leaves the salmon patties crispy on the outside and nice and juicy in the inside.
Way’s to cook your salmon patties:
- Bake 350 for 10-15 minutes
- Add to a grill pan with some ghee and cook a couple minutes each side
- Cook in your air fryer 370 F for 10 minutes
What to pair salmon burgers with:
I personally like the salmon burgers paired with roasted broccoli and air fried cauliflower gnocchi. It makes for a well balanced meal. And it is the perfect on-the-go lunch because it can be enjoyed cold too. These burgers are also great as a traditional burger paired with sweet potato fries. But if doing a Whole30 you’ll want to forgo the bun and gnocchi as they are not approved on Whole30.
Chipotle Lime Salmon burgers:
- 3-4 5 oz wild caught salmon filets
- 1 Tbsp avocado oil
- salt + pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder on 350 for 13-15 minutes let cool, and then with a fork flake the cooked salmon and add to a bowl with:
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 1/4 cup onions
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 yellow pepper
- 1 small zucchini
- 2 Tbsp Primal Kitchen Foods Chipotle Lime Mayo
- 2 Tbsp Primal Kitchen Foods Spicy Brown Mustard
- 2 pasture raised eggs
- Add you salmon filets to a pan, drizzle avocado oil over them, add salt + pepper to taste, garlic powder
- Bake your salmon 350 for 15 minutes
- While your salmon is cooking add all vegetables to food processor and pulse a couple times to chop (or chop by hand)
- Add the chipotle lime mayo, mustard, eggs into the veggie mixture and mix
- Once salmon is done cooking flake with two forks and let cool
- Add the cooled salmon to the veggie mixture, mix, and form into patties
- You can either cook on a grill pan for about 2-3 minutes (just be gentle with flipping) if they fall apart its okay just reform
- option 2: to cook is in air fryer on 370 F for 10 minutes
- Option 3: Bake 350 F for 10-15 minutes