One pan lemon pepper chicken and potatoes:
This one pan lemon chicken and potatoes is an easy weeknight dinner option. This dish is a spin to the one my grandma used to always make for us growing up. And it makes for a great prep ahead meal option for the busy work week.
Ingredients you will need:
- Belcampo lemon pepper marinated chicken thighs or plain chicken thighs (code: MHK10 saves you 10% off your order if interested)
- Lemon slices
- Red potatoes
- Fresh thyme
- Fresh rosemary
- Dried oregano
- Minced garlic
- Olive oil
- SeeSalt Fleur de sel salt (code: MHK15 saves you 15% off purchase)
- Ground pepper
What if I only have plain chicken thighs?
No worries at all, just marinate the chicken thighs with 3 lemons juiced, salt + pepper to taste, 1/4 tsp garlic powder, 1/4 tsp turmeric, 1/4 tsp onion powder. I would let these marinate if possible overnight. But if you are in a time crunch marinate for at least 30 minutes while preparing the rest fo the dish.
What type of olive oil do you use?
There are so many great options out there for olive oils. But one of my favorites is Jovial Foods. Because it is 100% organic, direct from the farmer to you, the temperature never exceeds 75 F during pressing, and it comes in a glass bottle.
How to prepare the dish:
Chop your red potatoes into bite size pieces, dice onions, and add it all to a 11×6 or larger casserole dish. Drizzle olive oil, add thyme, chopped rosemary, dried oregano, salt and pepper, minced garlic, and mix it all up. And then add in the chicken thighs and nestle them into the casserole dish. Drizzle more olive oil on top of chicken, sprinkle some more flaky fleur de sea salt on top, and any leftover fresh herbs. And bake uncovered 400˚ F for 60 minutes or until your chicken reaches 165˚ F.
Meal prep ahead of time:
This dish makes a great prep ahead meal. And it can either be fully prepared in advance or prep and wait to cook the night you plan on enjoying. But if you are preparing it all and waiting for the night you are planning on enjoying, store it in the refrigerator, covered with foil, and the day you want to bake it, let it sit at room temperature for about 45 minutes or so, and then bake uncovered 400˚ F for 60 minutes.
And if there are any leftovers, store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. But don’t add all the leftover juices, since that will leave your potatoes and chicken soggy sitting in the juices.
How to reheat:
For any leftovers, I like to add to my convection oven on a low heat (300˚ F) and warm through for about 10-15 minutes so that it doesn’t dry out my chicken. And air frying the leftovers works too, because it leaves it extra crispy and doesn’t dry out the chicken, just don’t reheat at a high temperature.
I hope you and your family enjoy this one pan wonder as much as we do over here. And if you make it, share your creation with me over on Instagram so I can see.
Check out these other one pan wonders:
One Pan Lemon Chicken Thighs + Potatoes
- 1.5 lb Belcampo lemon marinated chicken thighs (I used 4) Substitute regular chicken thighs and marinate with 3 lemons juiced, 1/4 tsp garlic powder, 1/4 tsp turmeric, 1/4 tsp onion powder, salt and pepper to taste overnight or for at least 30 minutes-1 hour
- 5 small red potatoes chopped
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1/2 Tbsp fresh thyme
- 1/2 Tbsp fresh chopped rosemary
- 1/2 Tbsp dried oregano
- 1/3 cup diced onions
- 1/4 cup olive oil (reserve about 1 Tbsp for drizzling on top of chicken)
- 1/4 tsp See Salt Fleur de sel salt + a pinch extra for top of chicken
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper
- 1 medium lemon sliced
Marinating plain chicken thighs:
- Add chicken thighs to a shallow dish, add lemon juice, garlic powder, onion powder, salt + pepper, turmeric, and marinate overnight or for at least 30 minutes-1 hour
- When ready to use let chicken thighs sit at room temperature for at least 30-45 minutes
Putting it all together:
- Chop red potatoes into bite size pieces and add to a 11x6 (or larger) casserole dish
- Dice onions and add with potatoes
- Add fresh thyme, chopped rosemary, dried oregano, salt + pepper, minced garlic, olive oil, and mix it all up
- Add chicken thighs to top of potatoes and nestle them into the casserole dish as best as possible
- Drizzle olive oil on top and sprinkle fleur de sel salt on top of skin, with a sprinkle of any leftover fresh herbs
- Place lemon slices all over the dish
- Bake uncovered 400˚ F for 60 minutes or until your chicken thighs reach internal temperature of 165˚ F