One pan whole30 paella:
Who doesn’t love paella? If you haven’t tried paella, I highly suggest you try it out. I wanted to make a whole30 version for those of you who are currently doing a whole30. And let me tell you, this version is just as good as the traditional way. If you haven’t heard about paella, let me fill you in.
What is Paella?
- It is a Spanish dish made with rice, saffron, chicken, seafood, veggies, chorizo
- Typically a mix of items, either a mix of seafood, or a combination of meat and seafood.
- It is cooked and served in a large shallow pan
- It is loaded with amazing flavor
I left out the saffron in mine, because that stuff is EXPENSIVE. But I used turmeric, smoked paprika, cumin, salt and pepper, and it came out just as flavorful! And since this is my whole30 version, I left out the traditional rice and used cauliflower rice, but if you aren’t doing a Whole30 feel free to use regular rice.
Here is what else I am using:
- Red bell pepper
- Cauliflower rice
- Seasonings: smoked paprika, turmeric, cumin, salt and pepper
- Filtered water or you can sub chicken bone broth
Preparing the paella:
To prepare this dish, I used a large pan to be able to fit everything in. First I cooked my chorizo, I like to use Buy Ranch Direct Chicken chorizo. Once the chorizo is done cooking I transferred to a plate and removed some of the grease from the pan. Next, I added the shrimp and scallops in the same pan with some salt and pepper and cooked for a few minutes. I then added back in the chorizo along with the cauliflower rice, and seasoning, and cooked for a couple minutes or until fragrant. Lastly, I added in the sliced red bell peppers, cilantro, filtered water (or bone broth), mixed, and cooked for about 3-5 minutes. I cooked until the liquid was absorbed. Sprinkle some fresh cilantro on top and enjoy friends!
One Pan Whole30 Paella
- 1 lb Buy Ranch Direct chicken chorizo
- 1/2 lb wild caught shrimp
- 1/2 lbs wild caught scallops
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 1/2 cups cauliflower rice
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- Salt + pepper
- 1/4 cup filtered water
- Cook your chorizo in a pan for about 5-7 minutes and transfer for a bowl once done
- In same pan add in your shrimp and scallops seasoned with salt and pepper and cook a few minutes
- Add back in the chorizo along with cauliflower rice, and seasonings
- Add sliced red pepper, cilantro, 1/4 cup water, and mix
- Cook for about 3-5 minutes