No bake caramel delight cookies:
No bake caramel delight cookie time! It is that time of the year, Girl Scout cookies. And Todd is a huge fan, so I wanted to created one of his favorites into a healthier version made with 100% real ingredients. Now I don’t like labeling foods as bad or good but I do care about what type of ingredients I am putting into my body. And that is why I prefer putting my own spin on the classics so I know exactly what is going in my food.
Ingredients you will need:
- Toasted coconut
- Medjool dates
- Vanilla extract
- Sea salt
- Date water
- Chocolate chips of your choice
- Coconut oil
How to prepare cookies:
I personally like soaking my dates first to get them nice and soft, but it is totally optional. Next, I toast my coconut on 300 F for between 5-8 minutes. But you want to make sure you watch it because it can quickly burn if you toast too long. Then I add the toasted coconut, soaked dates, date water, sea salt, and vanilla extract to my food processor and process until you get a sticky dough.
Please note: if the dough is not sticky enough to roll into balls then just add another Tbsp of the date water.
Forming the cookies:
Once the dough is sticky enough to roll into balls, I roll into 11 balls, flatten with my hands, and make a hole through the middle of the cookies. I store mine in the freezer to firm up for about 30 minutes.
Chocolate for dipping:
While the cookies are setting in the freezer, melt the chocolate with the coconut oil over stove top or microwave (intervals of 30 seconds until melted). Then I dip the bottom of the cookies in the melted chocolate and drizzle the top with chocolate. Store in the freezer to harden up the chocolate for 5 minutes.
How to store:
I like to store mine in an airtight container in the refrigerator. But if you don’t plan on eating them all at once feel free to store in the freezer in an airtight container too.
Check out these other caramel delight treats:
No bake Caramel delight cookies
- 1 1/2 cups toasted coconut
- 6 soaked medjool dates
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of Sea salt
- 2 Tbsp date water water reserved from soaking dates you can use filtered water too
- For dipping:
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips of choice
- 1 Tsp Coconut oil
- Add coconut to lined baking dish and bake 300 F for 5-8 minutes, keeping an eye on them so they don’t burn
- Add to food processor along with dates, vanilla extract, and sea salt
- Process until you get a crumbly but sticky consistency
- Roll into balls and flatten with hands to for 11 cookies
- Poke a hole in middle
- Melt chocolate with coconut oil
- Dip bottom in melted chocolate and drizzle top of cookies with chocolate
- Transfer to refrigerator or freezer to harden
- Store in airtight container in either refrigerator or freezer