When it comes to my meals I love the concept of building your own bowls. We all have so many different preferences and likes I find this way to be the easiest, especially if you are entertaining guest. One of my favorite build your own bowl station is with Mediterranean bowls. There is nothing better than some homemade, fresh Mediterranean food, am I right?
For these bowls I prepared the following:
- Lamb Meatballs
- Turmeric cauliflower hummus
- Cucumber and tomato salad
- Cauliflower rice
- Dairy-free Tzatziki sauce
Preparing the lamb meatballs:
For the lamb meatballs I used Buy Ranch Direct ground lamb, fresh mint, fresh parsley, diced red onions, coriander, chili flakes, oregano, and garlic. I just added all the ingredients in a bowl, mixed with my hands, formed into meatballs, and added to my greased, hot, cast iron skillet. I cooked a few minutes each side, transfer to oven and broil a few minutes, and let rest for a few minutes.
I also like making mine in my air fryer. Which I follow the same steps as above only I add to a greased air fryer pan and cook 370 F for 15 minutes. This allows the meatballs to get extra crispy on the outside but still stay juicy and tender in the inside.
When I created this recipe it was at the time I was doing a Whole30 so I couldn’t have your traditional hummus due eliminating chickpeas for the 30 days. So I created this cauliflower hummus that I actually enjoyed better than traditional hummus. It was super easy to prepare and loaded with flavor.
What I did was:
- Roasted my cauliflower with salt + pepper, avocado oil on 400 for 25 minutes
- Once done I let it cool and then added roasted cauliflower to my food processor
- I added 3 garlic cloves, 1/2 tsp turmeric, 1/2 tsp cumin, 2 tsp avocado oil (sub olive oil), juice of 1 lemon, 2 Tbsp tahini
- I then processed for 10 seconds in my food processor and there you have some easy peasy cauliflower hummus
Dairy-Free tzatziki sauce:
For the tzatziki sauce I had to make mine Whole30 compliant so I created a dairy free version with the main ingredient being soaked cashews. You can find the full recipe here .
Preparing the cucumber salad:
For the cucumber and tomato salad I simply diced red onions, cherry tomatoes, cucumbers. I added everything to a bowl along with some red wine vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper, juice of a lemon, and a splash of apple cider vinegar.
Mediterranean lamb meatballs
- 1 lb Buy Ranch Direct ground lamb
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 2 Tbsp chopped mint
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 Tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1 tsp crushed peppers
- Salt + pepper
- 1 Tbsp avocado oil
- Add everything except avocado oil in a large bowl, mix, and roll into balls.
- Heat cast iron skillet with avocado oil until hot, add meatballs and cook 4 minutes turning half way, carefully transfer to oven and broil for 3-4 minutes.