Air fired lamb meatballs:
I decided to try out my lamb meatballs in the air fryer versus pan frying or baking them like I typically have done so in the past. And these lamb meatballs only take 15 minutes to prep and turn out extra crispy on the outside and nice and moist and tender in the inside.
I meal prepped these on Sunday for a protein option to add to a variety of meals throughout the week. Because these pair nicely with a variety of side options. Think build your own Mediterranean bowls or keep it basic with some roasted vegetables and cauliflower mash.
What you will need for the meatballs:
- Buy Ranch Direct ground lamb
- Red bell pepper
- Red onion
- Primal Palate super gyro seasoning
- Minced garlic
- Salt and pepper to taste
I personally like to saute all my veggies with some ghee in pan before adding to my ground lamb. Not only does it elevate the flavoring but I find that it helps bind the meatballs better without having to use eggs. You just want to make sure that once your vegetables are done sautéing you let them cool before adding to the ground lamb.
Preparing the meatballs:
Once you add your cooled veggies to lamb add the seasoning, mix with your hands, and form into bite size meatballs. Then spray your air fryer rack with avocado oil spray so that they don’t stick, set your air fryer to 370 F and cook for 15 minutes.
While the meatballs are cooking you will want to prepare your roasted broccolini and instant pot cauliflower mash.
I like to keep my broccolini simple and just add some avocado oil spray, salt + pepper and roast 400 F for 15-20 minutes.
Air fried Lamb meatballs
- 1 lb ground Buy Ranch Direct lamb
- Couple sprays of avocado oil spray
- 1/2 tbsp fourth and heart California garlic ghee
- 1 Red bell pepper diced
- 1/3 cup diced red onion
- 1/3 cup diced Cilantro
- 1/3 cup diced Zucchini
- 1 tbsp Primal Palate Super gyro seasoning
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp coriander
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- Salt + pepper to taste
- Add your veggies to a food processor and pulse a couple times to dice
- Sauté your veggies for 5-7 minutes with ghee and let cool completely
- Season your lamb with super gyro seasoning, turmeric, coriander, cumin, salt and pepper, garlic
- Add sautéed veggies to lamb, mix with hands, and form into meatballs
- Spray your air fryer rack with avocado oil spray
- Add meatballs and cook in air fryer 370 for 15 minutes (you can cook in a pan or bake 350 for 20 minutes)