I know what you all are thinking, cauliflower hummus? Yes it is a thing and I personally enjoy it better than regular hummus. I created this recipe last year when I was doing a Whole30 and it has been a part of my meal rotation since then.
I like to meal prep this hummus on Sunday and serve it throughout the week with a variety of meals. But my favorite type of meal to enjoy it with is Mediterranean food.
Ingredients you will need:
This recipe only requires 8 ingredients most likely already in your pantry and refrigerator.
- Garlic cloves
- Avocado oil or olive oil
- Juice of a lemon
- Tahini (But I have also made it without and it’s just as good)
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to prepare:
I first roast my cauliflower which I seasoned with avocado oil spray, salt + pepper, turmeric, cumin, and add the whole cloves of garlic. I bake 400 F for 25 minutes and once done I let cool before transferring to my food processor. But you can also use a high powered blender too.
Making the hummus:
Once the cauliflower has cooled for about 5 minutes, I transfer to my food processor along with the rest of the ingredients, and process until I reach my desired consistency. I like mine thick, but if you want a thinner consistency feel free to add more avocado oil, olive oil, or water to thin it out.
What to enjoy it with:
I love making this when we are planning having build your own Mediterranean bowls at home. But it really pairs nicely with a variety of meals or as a simple snack for dipping vegetables in.
Cauliflower Garlic Turmeric Hummus
- 1 small head of cauliflower chopped and roasted
- 3 large roasted garlic cloves
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp avocado oil or olive oil + extra for drizzling on top
- 1 small Juice of a lemon
- 2 Tbsp tahini I have made it without too and it is just as good
- Flakey salt for topping
- Season cauliflower and garlic cloves with a couple sprays of avocado oil, salt + pepper, and turmeric
- Add cauliflower to a lined baking sheet and roast 400 F for 25 minutes
- Once cauliflower is done let cool for 5 minutes
- Add everything to food processor or a high powered blender and blend to desired consistency
- Drizzle olive oil on top and sprinkle some flakey salt
- Store in an airtight container for 3-4 days