Lemon Parmesan Broccoli:
This lemon parmesan air fried broccoli, is the perfect spring side dish, or really anytime of the year side dish! It is super easy to prepare, it pairs nicely with a lot of dishes, and can be prepped ahead of time.
Ingredients you will need:
- Lemon juiced
- Grated pecorino Romano cheese or shredded parmesan cheese. To make this dish vegan use plant based cheese.
- I used Chosen Foods Garlic Avocado spray but any type of oil will use (less is more though)
- SeeSalt Fleur de sel see salt (code MHK15 saves you 15% off)
- Ground pepper
- Red chili flakes
How to prepare in the air fryer:
First, rinse and chop broccoli. And then add chopped broccoli to a medium bowl along with the juice of lemon, oil, grated cheese, see salt, pepper. Mix until all pieces of broccoli are coated. Next, spray the air fryer basket with garlic avocado oil spray or any type of oil, and add the coated broccoli. And cook 4o0°F for 12-15 minutes. And once done, sprinkle extra cheese on top and chili flakes.
How to prepare in the oven:
Add coated broccoli to a lined baking sheet and bake 400°F for 20-25 minutes. And once done sprinkle extra cheese on top and chili flakes.
What do I serve it with?
The nice thing about this side dish, is that it can go with a variety of meals. Such as; lemon seasoned chicken thighs, fish, roasted chicken, or pork.
Can I prep this side dish ahead of time?
Yes, the nice thing about this is it can be prepped ahead of time. But if prepping ahead, I would suggest adjusting the cook time (8-10 minutes), so the day you plan on serving you can reheat and they won’t end up soggy. But you could also prep it all and store in the refrigerator and the day you plan on enjoying air fry or bake then.
Here are some other side dishes you might like also:
Lemon Parmesan Air Fried Broccoli
- 2 cups chopped broccoli
- 1 large lemon juiced
- 2 Tbsp grated pecorino Romano cheese or shredded parmesan cheese + 1 tsp for garnish To make vegan: substitute your favorite plant based cheese
- 1 tsp See Salt fleur de sel see salt Substitute whatever type of salt you use
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper
- 1 Tbsp Garlic avocado oil spray or 1 Tbsp oil of choice I use Chosen Foods Garlic avocado oil spray
- 1/4 tsp chili flakes optional
Air Fryer Instructions:
- Wash and chop your broccoli into bite size pieces
- Add chopped broccoli to a bowl and coat with garlic avocado oil spray or oil
- Add see salt, pepper, lemon juice, and cheese to broccoli, and mix until all pieces are coated
- Add to greased air fryer pan
- Cook 400°F for 12-15 minutes, shaking half way through (cook a little longer if you want then softer but keep an eye on them so they don’t burn)
- Sprinkle tsp of cheese on top and chili flakes if using
- Follow steps 1-3 from above
- Add to a lined baking dish
- Bake 400°F for 20-25 minutes
- Sprinkle with cheese and chili flakes