Instant pot flank steak:
If you want an easy way to prepare shredded flank steak, then you must try it in your Instant pot. Because it is one of those dishes that you can set and forget about it. And it’s the perfect option for meal prepping for the week.
Ingredients you will need:
- Flank steak (I love using Belcampo meats and you can use code: MHK10 for 10% off your purchase)
- Diced onions
- Ghee or any oil you use
- Minced garlic
- Chili powder
- Salsa verde ( you can make my homemade tomatillo salsa or use any store bought salsa)
- Tomato paste
- Chicken or beef bone broth
How to prepare Instant pot flank steak:
Set the Instant pot to sauté function and add ghee/oil and warm for a minute. And then add in the diced onions with salt and pepper, sauté for 5-7 minutes, or until the onions are translucent. Add minced garlic and cook a minute. Next, add the flank steak and brown a couple minutes each side. And then add in tomato paste, salsa verde, chicken or beef bone broth, mix, and turn off the sauté function. Close the Instant pot, make sure valve is sealed, set to manual high pressure for 45 minutes.
And once it is done let the pressure release naturally, about 10-12 minutes. Remove the flank steak and shred with a fork. And place the shredded meat back into the Instant pot and mix.
What meals can I make using shredded flank steak?
The possibilities are endless with using this shredded flank steak. My personal favorite is in a loaded salad bowl. But it also goes great in tacos, quesadillas, loaded nachos, or in breakfast burritos.
What to add to loaded salad bowl:
To make a delicious loaded salad bowl. Add roasted sweet potato fries, homemade guacamole, jalapeño, cilantro, roasted pumpkin seeds, Cotija cheese, and a mix of super greens and romaine lettuce. And there is no need for dressing, because when you mix everything up the creamy guacamole is enough. But a cilantro lime dressing would go perfectly with this salad if you need a dressing.
Instant Pot Shredded Flank Steak Salad
Instant Pot Flank Steak:
- 1 lb flank steak
- 1/3 cup diced onions
- 2 Tbsp ghee or any oil you prefer
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 1/3 cup salsa verde
- 1 1/2 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1/2 cup chicken or beef bone broth
Flank steak salad toppings:
- Shredded flank steak
- Salad of choice
- Cotija cheese optional
- Roasted pumpkin seeds
- Roasted sweet potato fries
- Fresh cilantro
- Set instant pot to sauté function, add ghee, and warm through for a minute
- Add diced onions, salt and pepper, and sauté for 5-7 minutes or until the onions are translucent
- Add minced garlic and cook a minute or so
- Add flank steak and brown a couple minutes each side
- Add salsa verde, chicken or beef bone broth, tomato paste, cumin, chili powder, and mix it all up
- Turn off sauté function, close instant pot, seal valve, and set to manual high pressure for 45 minutes
- Once done let pressure release naturally (10-12 minutes)
- Remove flank steak and shred
- Add back into Instant pot and mix
- Serve in a loaded salad bowl, in quesadillas, tacos, or loaded nachos