How to make homemade tomatillo salsa:
Stop buying store bought salsas and try making this 6 ingredient homemade tomatillo salsa from scratch. Because it is super easy to prepare, minimal ingredients used, and is basically fool proof. Now a days we are all about what is convenient and fast. But making items at home from scratch can be easy!
What you will need:
- Fresh tomatillos
- Garlic cloves
- Avocado oil
- Jalapeno deseeded
- And for an optional add in: Vegetable broth, water, or Bone broth to thin out the salsa
- Salt and pepper to taste
How to make the salsa:
- Add your tomatillos, roughly chopped onions, jalapeño, whole garlic cloves, avocado oil, salt and pepper to a baking sheet.
- And roast 400 F for about 20-25 minutes and broil for an additional 5 to get a nice charr.
- After they are done, carefully transfer everything to your blender. But if you like salsa thinner, add either filtered water, vegetable broth, or bone broth in order to thin out the salsa.
- Then add your cilantro and blend until you reach your desired consistency.
- And be sure to taste and if needed add additional salt and pepper.
What to use your tomatillo salsa for:
This tomatillo salsa can be used in a variety of ways and makes for a perfect meal prep addition. Because you can add to a variety of meals such as; enchiladas, tacos, quesadillas, or as an appetizer for dipping with chips.
Also be sure to check out these recipes incorporating the tomatillo salsa:
Tomatillo cashew flour enchiladas
- 10-12 to matillos
- 1 jalapeno deseeded
- 1/2 yellow onion
- 4-6 garlic cloves
- 2 Tbsp avocado oil
- 1/4 tsp Celtic Sea salt
- 1/4 tsp crushed pepper
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- Add tomatillos, roughly chopped onions, whole garlic cloves, roughly chopped jalapeño, avocado oil, salt and pepper to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper
- Bake 400 F for 20-25 minutes and broil for a few minutes after done
- Carefully transfer to blender along with cilantro and blend
- Optional add in: 1/4-1/2 cup bone broth, water, or vegetable broth to thin out the salsa
- Taste and if needed add additional salt and pepper