Spider Web Chocolate Pretzels:
These spider web chocolate pretzels are the perfect festive treat for spooky season. And the sweet and salty combo is the best. Plus, they are super easy to prepare.
What you’ll need:
- Pretzel sticks (I used gluten free)
- White chocolate chips
- Coconut oil
- Mini chocolate chips or any chocolate you like
- Festive sprinkles
How to make the spider webs:
You are going to add 8 pretzels to a lined baking dish with parchment paper to create one web. And create a circle, having the ends of the pretzels meet in the middle. Melt each chocolate separately with some coconut oil, and let cool for 5 minutes. And add the melted chocolate to a zip lock bag and snip off a tiny slit at the corner of the bag.
Add some chocolate to the center to help bind the pretzels. And create circles around the center until you reach the end of the pretzels. Run a toothpick through each circle to create the web look. And sprinkle with festive sprinkles.
How do I adhere the pretzels?
The melted chocolate is what is going to adhere the pretzels. But make sure you don ‘t do too thin of circles. Because the pretzels won’t adhere as well. And once the chocolate hardens, if you wanted to, you could add more chocolate on the back side to make them extra secure. But I didn’t do that extra step.
How do I get the chocolate to harden?
Once you have the spider webs prepped. Add them to the freezer until the chocolate is set. But make sure the chocolate is fully set, or else your webs will fall apart.
How do I store them?
Keep them stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Check out these other festive ideas:
Spider Web Pretzels:
- 32 pretzel sticks
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1-2 tsp coconut oil
- Optional: festive Halloween sprinkles
- Melt milk chocolate and white chocolate separately with coconut oil
- Line a large baking dish with parchment paper
- Arrange each spider web using 8 pretzels and create a circle. With one end of each pretzel pointing to the center
- Transfer melted chocolate to a piping bag or a ziplock bag and snip end off
- Slowly squeeze melted chocolate at the center of the pretzel wheel and create a small circle with chocolate. Continue until you get to the edge of the pretzel sticks. And repeat until you get 4 webs
- ****note make sure to make the chocolate circles thick versus thin to help bind the pretzels together***
- You can add festive sprinkles, candy eyes, spiders, if you’d like
- Freeze until the chocolate is set and enjoy!