There is no denying it, Halloween is one of my favorites. And getting festive with food creations have been my jam since FOREVER.
Brownie mix for a shortcut:
And these spooky brownies are super easy to prepare using your favorite brownie mix. But you could also make these homemade flourless brownie version too, if you have the time.
Other ingredients you will need:
- Candy eyes
- Coconut oil
- White chocolate chips
- Dark chocolate chips if you have the proper piping materials
- Black cookie decorating gel or black frosting
How to prepare brownies:
First prepare your boxed brownie according to package or make your homemade version. And once done let cool completely. To speed up the process, I like to stick mine in the freezer. Because this helps them cool faster and it also helps create clean cuts when slicing. And once cooled, sliced into 9 brownie bars.
How to make mummy brownie:
First melt your white chocolate chips with coconut oil until smooth. Let cool for 5 minutes and transfer to either a piping bag or a zip lock bag, and snip off the end of the bag. And drizzle the melted white chocolate all over the brownie. And add two candy eyes to each one.
How to make Hocus Pocus Book:
If you have the proper piping bag and fittings, melt dark chocolate or black candy melts, and add to piping bag. But if you don’t have this, cookie decorating gel or black frosting works too. I tried with adding my melted chocolate to a zip lock bag and snipping off the end. But it didn’t work as well as I wanted it too. So, I went with the black cookie decorating gel pen.
And once done let the chocolate set in the refrigerator. And either keep stored in the refrigerator or at room temperature in an airtight container.
Check out these other spooky eats:
How to Make Spooky Brownies
- 1 package favorite boxed brownie mix
- Candy eyes
- 1/4 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1 black cookie decorating gel pen Substitute any black icing, frosting, or cookie decorating gels. Could also try using black candy melts or dark chocolate chips
- Prepare your brownies according to instructions
- Once brownies are done let cool completely (I like to stick mine in the freezer to speed up the process)
- Slice into 9 brownies
- Melt white chocolate chips with coconut oil
- Let cool for 5 minutes
- Add melted white chocolate to a zip lock bag and snip off the end
- Drizzle the melted chocolate over the brownie
- Add 2 candy eyes to each one
- Transfer to refrigerator to allow the chocolate to set
Hocus Pocus Book
- Add some melted chocolate to the back of a candy eye and place on the right side of the brownie
- Using the black cookie decorating pen draw a circle around the eye
- Then creating the book stitching along the other side and any other elements you like
- Transfer to refrigerator to allow the gel to set
- Once done store in an airtight container in the refrigerator or at room temperature