What kind of music do mummies listen to? WRAP😎 Hahah I had to! Growing up my mom always prepped the cutest creative treats for my brother and I for the holidays. And now it is something I love to do too. And originally I was just planning on making brownies and I thought why not make them festive and so these mummies were born.
I made my flourless pumpkin brownies but feel free to use whatever type of brownies you dig for these brownies.
Ingredients for brownies:
- Flax “eggs” or regular eggs
- Tahini (substitute any type of nut or seed butter)
- Maple syrup (substitute coconut sugar, maple sugar, or any type of sugar you use)
- Pumpkin puree
- Pumpkin pie spice seasoning
- Vanilla extract
- I used Philosophie Cacao Magic (substitute cocoa or cacao)
- Baking soda
- Chocolate chips
- Optional if you like brownies extra rich: melted chocolate
How to prepare the brownies:
I first start by prepping the flax “eggs,” adding the flaxseed meal and water in a small bowl, mixing, and letting it sit for 10-15 minutes. And once the “eggs” are ready I add to a medium size bowl along with the rest of the wet ingredients, and mix. Add in the dry ingredients and mix. And then fold in chocolate chips, and mix. Add to a lined 8×8 baking dish and bake 350 F for 25-28 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
What you will need for decorating brownies:
Making the mummies:
Once the brownies are done, I let them cool completely. And then I melt my white chocolate chips and using a spoon, I drizzle all over the brownies. I didn’t really have much of a technique I just went with it, because there is no need for perfection here. And after I drizzled the white chocolate I would add the candy eyes while the chocolate was still melted. Once all were done I stuck them in the refrigerator to allow the white chocolate to set for a few minutes.
How to store:
I like to store mine in an airtight container either in the refrigerator or in the freezer, if I don’t plan on eating them all at once.
Here are some other festive treats you may enjoy too:
I can’t wait to see all your creations! And if you make them don’t forget to tag me on Instagram so I can see.
Flourless Pumpkin Mummy Brownies
- 2 flax "eggs" ( 2 tbsp flaxseed meal + 6 tbsp water
- 1 cup tahini substitute any type of nut or seed butter
- 1/2 cup maple syrup substitute coconut sugar or maple sugar
- 1/3 cup pumpkin purée
- 1 1/2 Tbsp pumpkin spice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup Philosophie Cacao Magic sub cocoa or cacao
- Pinch of Salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips
For extra rich brownies:
- 1/4 cup melted chocolate
- 1/4 cup white chocolate chips
- 32 candy eyes
- Prepare your flax "eggs" by mixing the flaxseed meal and water in a small bowl, and let it sit for 10-15 minutes or until it becomes gelatinous
- Mix wet ingredients in a medium size bowl
- Add dry ingredients and mix
- Fold in chocolate chips
- Add batter to a greased 8x8 baking dish
- Bake 350 F for 28-30 minute
- Let cool completely
- Melt your white chocolate
- Drizzle all over your brownies with a spoon or fork
- Add two candy eyes to each
- Store in the refrigerator for a few minutes to allow the chocolate to set
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator