Jalapeño popper mummies:
Tis’ the season for all the festive finger foods. And these jalapeño popper mummies are a must make for your Halloween festivities. But even if you don’t have anything planned, make them for enjoying your favorite scary movies at home.
Ingredients you will need:
- Cream cheese (substitute a dairy free cream cheese)
- Cheese (substitute a dairy free cheese)
- Coconut aminos
- Green onions
- Garlic powder
- Salt and pepper
- Crescent roll dough ( I used some that I found at Sprouts)
- Candy eyes
How to prepare the cream cheese filling:
Bring the cream cheese to room temperature and mix with the shredded cheese, coconut aminos, garlic powder, salt + pepper, paprika, and diced green onions. I used a handheld mixer to mix mine. But you can use a spoon too.
Filling the jalapeños:
Cut your jalapeños in half and remove the seeds. But I would suggest wearing gloves when handling the jalapeños. Because I’ve had my fair share of incidents of burning my eyes, even after washing my hands thoroughly. And once you have all the jalapeños cut and deseeded, fill each half with the cream cheese filling mixture.
Creating the mummies:
Take the crescent roll dough and slice into strips. And wrap the strips all around the stuffed jalapeños creating the mummy look. But don’t worry, they don’t have to be perfect, just do your best.
Cooking the jalapeño poppers in air fryer:
Add the jalapeño poppers to a greased air fryer dish and cook 370°F for 8-10 minutes. But keep an eye on them so that the dough doesn’t burn.
Baking in the oven:
And if you don’t have an air fryer, don’t worry. These jalapeño poppers can baked in the oven at 350°F for 11-13 minutes or until the dough is nice and golden.
And once the jalapeño poppers are done baking, add your candy eyes, and enjoy!
Can I make these vegan?
Yes! Simply just replace the cream cheese and shredded cheese with your favorite plant based cheese. And you have yourself some vegan jalapeño popper mummies.
Jalapeño Popper Mummies
- 8 jalapeños sliced on half and deseeded
- 6 ounces softened cream cheese substitute dairy free cream cheese
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese substitute dairy free shredded cheese
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp coconut aminos
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 8 rolls crescent roll dough
- 32 Candy eyes
- Bring cream cheese to room temperature
- Add the cream cheese, shredded cheese, coconut aminos, garlic powder, paprika, salt and pepper, and diced green onions to a bowl
- Using a handheld mixer or spoon mix the cream cheese filling
- Cut your jalapeños in half and deseed
- Fill each half with the cream cheese filling
- Slice the crescent roll dough into 1 inch thick strings
- Wrap the jalapeño poppers with the crescent roll strings to create the mummy look
- Place in a greased air fryer dish on 370°F and cook for 8-10 minutes, keeping an eye on them
- Baking instructions: add to a lined baking dish and bake 350°F for 10-13 minutes, keeping an eye on them
- Once done add two candy eyes to each popper and enjoy