Why I Meal Prep On Sunday’s:
As you all know my commitment to my meal prep Sunday’s is real. It is part of my routine and never feels like a chore or something I HAVE to do. It is something I choose to do because; I know it will help save me time during my busy work week, save me money, and help reduce food waste. I dedicate 2-3 hours every Sunday to prepare meals for the week.
Tips for preparing work lunches for on the go:
- Have a game plan, I like to brainstorm ideas Saturday and make a list of potential meals and then go grocery shopping and meal prep everything on Sunday.
- Buy yourself some nice glass Tupperware to store all your lunches in so that you can just grab and go in the morning.
- Mix it up, if you stick to the same meal everyday you will easily become bored and will resort to buying the not so healthy fast food items.
Option 1 for work lunch ideas:
- Top: Pesto ground chicken, cauliflower rice, and cherry tomatoes
- Middle: Teriyaki air fried salmon, roasted everything but the bagel Brussels sprouts and mushrooms, cashew butter coleslaw
- Bottom: Teriyaki chicken bowls with cauliflower rice
Option 2 for work lunch ideas:
- Sage and Rosemary chicken meatballs with spaghetti squash pasta
- Buffalo burger bowls (if doing Whole30 omit the feta in the burgers)
- Chipotle Lime Salmon burgers with roasted broccoli and air fried cauliflower gnocchi