Flourless sweet potato pancakes:
These flourless sweet potato pancakes need to be added to your breakfast menu during the quarantine time. I hope you all stocked up on sweet potatoes, because they really are such a universal starch to have on hand. If you haven’t tried baking with them its time for you all to start!
Ingredients you will need:
- Steamed sweet potato ( I used Japanese sweet potato)
- Vanilla extract
- Baking soda
- Primal Palate gingersnap seasoning or substitute ginger spice
- Flaxseed meal
- Vanilla bean ghee or coconut oil
Steaming sweet potatoes:
I steamed my sweet potatoes in my instant pot, but you can steam them in a pot or even roast them. I added my trivet to the pot, added 1 cup of water, set to steam function, and cooked for 5 minutes. Once done I quickly released pressure and with a fork I smashed up. Let cool completely before adding along to the wet ingredients.
Prepping the pancakes:
The preparation for these pancakes are simple. I added all my ingredients to a bowl, mixed, and let the batter sit at room temperature for about 10 minutes.
Cooking the pancakes:
Since these pancakes are flourless, they are going to be very delicate. And so I would suggest not making them too big because it may be difficult to flip. I added my vanilla bean ghee to a pan and warmed, then I added about 1/4 cup of the batter to the pan. But I only cooked 3 at a time to give me enough space to flip. Cooked them about 3-4 minutes each side.
How to store:
I like to store mine in an airtight container in the refrigerator. They also freeze really well so if you want double the batch and individually freeze them for another day.
Check out these other pancake recipes you might enjoy too:
Flourless Sweet Potato Pancakes
- 1 cup steamed sweet potato I used Japanese sweet potato
- 3 large pasture raised eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ginger spice
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 Tbsp flaxseed meal
- 1 tbsp vanilla bean ghee
- Steam sweet potato (I did mine in instant pot with water on steam function for 5 minutes, quick release pressure)
- Mix everything except ghee to a bowl
- Let batter sit at room temperature for 10-15 minutes
- Heat pan with ghee
- Add about 1/4 cup of batter to pan and cook a few minutes each side