Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Oatmeal Pancakes:
I was in the mood for some chocolate chip peanut butter oatmeal pancakes. So I got my booty in the kitchen and whipped up a fresh batch. There are a lot of store bought mixes that are convenient, but I promise you, these are the easiest pancakes to prepare from scratch. And the nice thing about these is I know exactly what ingredients are going inside the pancakes.
Ingredients I used:
- Sprouted Gluten-Free oats
- Ripe banana
- Large pasture raised eggs
- Vanilla extract
- Mini chocolate chips
- Creamy or crunchy peanut butter
- Flaxseed meal
- Baking powder
How to prepare:
Like I said, these pancakes are super simple to prepare. I add all the ingredients except the chocolate chips to a bowl and mix. Let the batter sit at room temperature for 10-15 minutes, but if in a time crunch, you can just cook right away. I heat my pan with some ghee, add about 1/4-1/3 cup of batter to pan, and sprinkle chocolate chips on top. On medium heat, I cook a couple minutes each side.
I like to keep it simple and just add some maple syrup and enjoy. But you can also add sliced bananas, coconut shreds, more chocolate chips, drizzle some peanut butter, or any other fresh fruit.
I honestly will double the batch when making these and freeze the other half. Because on those days I have nothing prepared for breakfast, I can grab out of the freeze, reheat, and enjoy with 0 cooking required. But if you are going to freeze, I would suggest you individually wrap and store in an airtight container so that they don’t freeze together.
Check out these other pancake recipes:
Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Oatmeal Pancakes
- 2 large pasture raised eggs
- 1 ripe banana
- 1/4 cup sprouted gf oats
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup creamy or crunchy peanut butter
- 2 Tbsp flaxseed meal
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 Tbsp Brown Butter Ghee Substitute butter or coconut oil
- Mix everything in a small bowl
- Let batter sit for 10-15 minutes at room temperature
- Heat pan with coconut oil, butter, or ghee
- Add about 1/4-1/3 cup of batter to pan
- Sprinkle chocolate chips on each pancake and cook a couple minutes each side