Chicken and Vegetable Soup:
If you are looking for a hearty, nourishing, chicken and veggie soup, look no further. And this soup is one of my favorites to prepare when I feel like I am coming under the weather, when I am sick, or when I am in the mood for soup. Because it always hits the spot every time.
One pot meal:
And what I love about this soup preparation, is it only requires one pot, which makes cleaning up a breeze! Because let’s be honest, who wants to wash a thousand dishes? And if you have an Instant Pot, check out this recipe.
Ingredients you will need:
- Chicken breast
- Seasonings: turmeric, coriander, cumin, Primal Palate Super Gyro or Amore seasoning
- Bay leaves
- Chicken bone broth
- Juice of limes
But feel free to use whatever vegetables you prefer for this soup.
Preparing the soup:
I add the avocado oil or ghee to the pot and warm. And then I add the onions, jalapeño, celery, carrots, potatoes, salt + pepper, and sauté for 5-7 minutes. Next, I add the seasonings, minced garlic, and cook a couple minutes. And then I add the broccoli, bone broth, water, cilantro, juice of a couple limes, bay leaves, and bring to a boil. Lastly, I add the chopped chicken, zucchini, lower heat to a simmer, cover, and cook for at least 30 minutes.
I like to let my soup cool completely before storing it in an airtight container for the week. But this also freeze’s well. And once it is cooled, add to either a a reusable silicone bag or airtight container in the freezer.
Veggie chicken soup
- 2 chicken breast cut in bite size pieces
- 2 celery stalks chopped
- 1 zucchini chopped
- 2 carrots chopped
- 1 small head of Broccoli diced
- 1 lime juiced
- 2 small red potatoes diced
- 1/3 chopped red or yellow onion
- 1 head of cilantro
- 1 package Bonafide Provisions turkey or chicken bone broth or any type of broth you have
- 2 cups filtered water
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 Tbsp Primal Palate super gyro seasoning
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1/4 tsp coriander
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- Sauté your veggies (except zucchini) with avocado oil in a pot for 5-7 minutes.
- Add seasoning, garlic, and cook until fragrant.
- Add in your bone broth, water, cilantro, and bring to a boil.
- Add in diced chicken and zucchini, cover pot, bring to simmer, cook 25-30 minutes.