Caramel Banana Waffles:
What a treat these caramel banana waffles are! And I must say it has been so nice being able to make all my meals from scratch each day. And get to enjoy them in the comforts of my home and not rushing to gobble it all down. But these also make for a great meal prep option too if you are looking for something to prep ahead of time.
Ingredients you will need:
- Ripe bananas
- Homemade date caramel
- Pasture raised eggs
- Baking soda
- Almond flour
- Flaxseed meal (omit if you don’t have any on hand)
I was working with what I had in my refrigerator and pantry. And if you are asking for substitutions I am sorry I don’t have any for this recipe.
How to prepare batter:
First step is to prepare the date caramel. And that is super simple, just add all the ingredients to a food processor and process for about 30 seconds. Once you have that prepared set it aside and prepare your waffle batter. I add the ripe bananas to a bowl and smash with a fork. Next, I add my eggs, date caramel, and mix. And lastly, add in the dry ingredients, mix, and let batter sit at room temperature for about 10-15 minutes.
The cook time for the waffles may vary based off your waffle maker. But for my waffles I cooked them for about 1 1/2- 2 minutes. And the type of waffle maker I used is the all-clad waffle maker. And top with more of the date caramel, bananas, and maple syrup.
These waffles make for a great meal prep option for breakfast. I like to meal prep a batch of these waffles ahead of time and either freeze for up to a few months or refrigerate for a few days. And when there is a morning I need something quick and don’t feel like cooking, I have these waffles as a great breakfast option.
Check out these other waffle recipes:
Churro Grain-Free Pumpkin Banana Pecan Waffles
Grain-Free Pumpkin Banana Pecan Waffles
Caramel Banana Waffles
- 2 ripe bananas
- 3 large pasture raised eggs
- 1/3 cup date caramel see recipe below
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup almond flour + 2 Tbsp
- 2 Tbsp flaxseed meal
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Mash ripe bananas with a fork
- Add eggs and mix
- Add date caramel and mix
- Add dry ingredients and mix
- Let batter sit at room temperature for 10-15 minutes
- Add to a greased waffle maker and cook a couple minutes or depending on your waffle maker
- Top with more date caramel, sliced bananas, and maple syrup if that is your jam
- 1 cup soaked medjool dates I soak mine over night and strain in the morning reserving the date water
- 1/2 cup cashew butter
- 1 heaping Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1-2 Tbsp maple syrup optional
- Add to food processor or high powered blender
- Process for 30 seconds, scraping down the sides throughout
- If you want thinner consistency add 1 Tbsp at a time of filtered water or date water until you reach your desired consistency (I don’t do this step for mine)