Churro pumpkin banana pecan waffles:
These grain-free churro pumpkin banana pecan waffles are going to blow your socks off. I remember when we went to Florence, Italy one of the best things we had were these sugary waffles with Nutella drizzled all over it. I had a major craving for something similar to this, so I thought I would use my pumpkin banana pecan waffles and spruce them up with some cinnamon sugar.
Ingredients you will need:
- Ripe bananas
- Pumpkin puree
- Pecan Butter (substitute any nut/seed butter)
- Coconut oil
- Almond flour
- Baking soda
- Baking powder
- Vanilla extract
- Pumpkin pie spice seasoning
- Cinnamon Sugar Cookie seasoning
How to prepare the waffles:
I added all the wet ingredients to a bowl and with a handheld mixer mixed. Then I added the dry ingredients and mixed. I greased my waffle maker with coconut oil and added about 1/4 cup of the batter to my waffle maker. The time on cooking waffles will depend on the type of waffle maker. But I cooked mine for about 2-3 minutes.
How to coat them:
Once the waffles are done cooking I let them cool and then I added melted coconut oil on both sides using a pastry brush. And then I dipped the waffles in the cinnamon sugar seasoning and DEVOURED.
Since I meal prepped these on Sunday for the week I let them cool completely before adding to Tupperware. Because I like to switch up my meal everyday I am going to freeze half of the batch. Because I don’t want them to stick together when freezing, I like to place parchment paper in between each one, and store in my Stasher bag.
How to reheat:
I like to add mine to my convection oven and toast for a few minutes. Then I coat with the melted coconut oil and coat with the cinnamon cookie sugar seasoning.
Churro Grain-Free Pumpkin Banana Pecan Waffles
- 2 ripe bananas mashed
- 5 eggs
- 1/2 cup pumpkin purée
- 1/2 cup pecan butter sub any nut butter
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 2 Tbsp pumpkin pie spice
Cinnamon sugar coating
- 2 Tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup Primal Palate Cinnamon Sugar Cookie Seasoning Sub coconut sugar and cinnamon or maple sugar and cinnamon
- Mix wet Ingredients with hand held mixer
- Add dry ingredients and mix
- Grease waffle maker with coconut oil
- Cook according to your waffle maker (I cooked mine about 2-3 minutes)
- Melt coconut oil and with a baking brush, brush both sides of the waffle with coconut oil
- Coat both sides of waffles with the cinnamon sugar cookie seasoning