Air fried no sugar added strawberry shortcake baked oats:
When your breakfast taste like cake, you know you are doing something right! And these air fried, no sugar added, strawberry shortcake baked oats are a must try. Because they are super simple to prepare and make for a great meal prep option for your busy mornings.
Ingredients you will need:
- Chia seeds
- Hemp seeds
- Almond mylk (substitute any type of Dairy free mylk you like)
- Mac-Coconut butter (substitute any nut/seed butter) but I highly suggest raw coconut butter!
- Gluten free oats
- Baking soda
- Fresh strawberries
What if I don’t have the Mac-coconut butter?
I recommend this Mac-Coconut butter from Artisana Organics to everyone I know. Because it is seriously the best and perfect if trying to reduce your sugar intake. It has the perfect sweetness to it without having any added sugars to it. But if you don’t have it, raw coconut butter, or cashew butter would be my next choices to use. But like I always say, if you change the ingredients, the flavor may not be the same as mine. So please keep that in mind when changing ingredients to this recipe.
How to prepare batter:
Preparing the batter is simple. Add all the ingredients, except strawberries, to a bowl, and mix. And then fold in the chopped strawberries, and add to a greased ramekin. Top with some additional sliced strawberries on top.
Cooking in air fryer:
Add ramekin to air fryer and cook on 390°F for 14-16 minutes, or until the top is golden brown. But keep an eye on it, so the top doesn’t burn, all air fryers vary in cook time. And once done let rest for 5-10 minutes. And drizzle with extra Mac-coconut butter on top.
Baking in oven:
And if you don’t have an air fryer, these can be baked in the oven, on 350°F for 20-25 minutes.
Can I meal prep ahead of time?
Yes! These air fried baked oats are perfecting for meal prepping in advance. But if you are using the raw gluten free oats, that I used in this recipe, please don’t leave the batter raw. I would suggest baking the day you meal prep them. And keep stored in the refrigerator covered and reheat in the morning. Because since the oats are raw, it will cause the batter to turn into a sharp, bitter flavor, and you won’t be happy about it. But if you are using regular oats or any other type of oats that are not raw, you can leave the batter raw, and bake in the morning you plan on eating.
Check out these other air fried baked oat recipes:
AIR FRIED NO SUGAR ADDED STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE BAKED OATS
- 1/2 cup gf oats
- 2 Tbsp chia seeds
- 2 Tbsp hemp seeds
- 1/3 cup dairy free mylk of choice I used coconut mylk
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp @artisanaorganics mac-coconut butter sub melted coconut butter + 1/2 Tbsp for drizzle on top
- 4-6 small strawberries chopped + 1 strawberry sliced for garnish on top
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl
- Add to a greased ramekin or oven safe dish
- Top with sliced strawberries
- Add to air fryer and cook 390 F for 14-16 minutes
- If you don’t have an air fryer you can bake 350 F for 20-25 minutes
- Let rest for 5-10 minutes and drizzle some more mac-coconut butter on top, and enjoy!