Air fried lemon + blueberry baked oats:
I have been on a major kick of baked oats. And I have taken them to the next level, by cooking them in the air fryer. Yup you heard me right, air fried baked oats! They have a nice crunch on the outside and nice and gooey in the middle. And the cook time is way quicker than baking in the oven, making it perfect for those busy mornings.
Ingredients you will need:
- Ripe banana
- Vanilla extract
- Mac-coconut butter (substitute any nut/seed butter, but I highly recommend coconut butter)
- Juice of lemon
- Almond mylk (substitute any Dairy free mylk you like)
- Zest of lemon
- Gluten free oats
- Hemp seeds
- Fresh blueberries (frozen should work too)
What alternatives can I use for the Mac-Coconut butter?
I highly suggest this Mac-coconut butter to everyone I know, because it is seriously the best. Especially when using in no sugar added recipes I make. It gives it the perfect flavor without needing any sugar. But if you don’t have it on hand, feel free to use raw coconut butter, or any nut/seed butter you prefer. But this will change the taste of this original recipe I have created, so keep that in mind when changing ingredients.
How to prepare batter:
Preparing the batter is simple. Add the wet ingredients and mix. And then add in the dry ingredients, mix, and fold in the fresh blueberries. Add to two greased ramekins.
Cooking in air fryer:
Add one ramekin at a time to air fryer. And cook on 350°F for 10-13 minutes, or until the top is golden brown. But keep an eye on it, so the top doesn’t burn, all air fryers vary in cook time. And once done let rest for 10 minutes.
Baking in oven:
And if you don’t have an air fryer, these can be baked in the oven, on 350°F for 20-25 minutes.
Topping baked oats:
Once the air fried baked oats have cooled for 10 minutes, I like to drizzle some extra Mac-coconut butter on top.
Can I meal prep ahead of time?
Yes! These air fried baked oats are perfecting for meal prepping in advance. But if you are using the raw gluten free oats, that I used in this recipe, please don’t leave the batter raw. I would suggest baking the day you meal prep them. And keep stored in the refrigerator covered and reheat in the morning. Because since the oats are raw, it will cause the batter to turn into a sharp, bitter flavor, and you won’t be happy about it. But if you are using regular oats or any other type of oats that are not raw, you can leave the batter raw, and bake in the morning you plan on eating.
Check out these other baked oat recipes:
No Sugar Added Air Fried Lemon + Blueberry Baked Oats
- 1 large ripe banana
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp Mac-coconut butter sub raw coconut butter or any nut/seed butter
- 2 Tbsp juice of lemon
- 1/3 cup almond mylk Substitute any dairy free myllk you use
- 1 Tbsp zest of lemon
- 1 cup Raw Gluten Free Oats Substitute any type of oats you use
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cardamom Optional but HIGHLY suggest
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup hemp seeds
- 1 cup fresh blueberries Frozen should work too
- Mix wet ingredients until combined
- Add in dry ingredients and mix
- Fold in blueberries
- Add to 2 greased ramekins
- Air fry 350 F for 10-13 minutes or bake 350 F for 20-25 minutes
- Let cool for 5 minutes
- Drizzle with Mac-coconut butter on top