These no sugar added pumpkin banana baked oats are a must try. Because they taste like dessert for breakfast. But they actually are loaded with nutrient rich ingredients to fuel your body right.
Ingredients you will need:
- Gluten free oats ( Zēgo Double Protein Gluten Free Oats)
- Pumpkin puree
- Ripe banana
- Coconut oil
- Pumpkin spice seasoning
- Coconut mylk or any type of dairy free mylk
- Flaxseed meal
- Hemp seeds
- Vanilla extract
- Chopped pecans or substitute pumpkin seeds if there is a nut allergy
What are the best oats to use?
One company that is changing the game, Zēgo oats. Their oats are purity verified for pesticides, glyphosate, and allergens. And on the back of every bag, there is a QR code to scan, to be able to see and the purity verification test. They use a cold process from harvest to rolling, which helps keep the oats’ enzymes intact, and protein and nutrients preserved. They also contain more fiber and double the protein compared to other oats. Definitely a brand worth checking out 100%.
What are these baked oats sweetened with?
Only sweetened with natures candy, bananas. But adding 1/4 cup of sweetener to batter is also an option.
How to prepare the baked oats:
Add the wet ingredients to a medium bowl and mix. Next, add dry ingredients and mix. Fold in the chopped pecans or pumpkin seeds and mix. Divide the batter amongst 4 greased ramekin dishes and bake 350°F for 30-35 minutes.
What if I don’t own ramekins?
These oats can also be baked in a greased 8×8 baking dish. But baking time may vary.
Topping baked oats:
And once the baked oats are done baking, let the baked oats cool for at least 10 minutes. And top with dairy free vanilla bean yogurt, sprinkle of cinnamon, and cinnamon sticks for extra garnish.
Are these good for meal prepping?
Absolutely! These baked oats are perfect for meal prepping ahead of time. But, since the oats are raw, they can’t be soaked overnight and will need to be baked. Because if they soak overnight without baking, they will turn sour and not be edible.
And the day you plan on enjoying, reheat for 5-10 minutes, top with vanilla yogurt, and enjoy.
But the leftovers also taste really delicious cold too.
I hope you enjoy these no sugar added pumpkin banana baked oats. Be sure to tag me in your creations on Instagram if you make them.
No Sugar Added Pumpkin Banana Baked Oats:
- 2 cups Zēgo gluten free oats
- 1 cup pumpkin purée
- 1 ripe banana
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil melted
- 1 1/2 cups coconut mylk substitute any dairy free mylk
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp pumpkin spice seasoning
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 Tbsp flaxseed meal
- 3 Tbsp hemp seeds
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans substitute: pumpkin seeds if you have a nut allergy
- Mix wet ingredients
- Add in dry ingredients and mix
- Fold in chopped nuts or choice, if using
- Add to 4 greased ramekins or use an 8x8 baking dish
- Bake 350°F for 30-35 minutes
- Let cool for 10 minutes
- Top with dairy free vanilla bean yogurt and sprinkle of cinnamon
- Store covered in refrigerator
This post is brought to your by Zēgo, but all words and eats are my own.