Air fried chocolate chip banana bread oats:
I have been on a major kick of baked oats. And I have taken them to the next level, by cooking them in the air fryer. Yup you heard me right, air fried baked oats! They have a nice crunch on the outside and nice and gooey in the middle. And the cook time is way quicker than baking in the oven, making it perfect for those busy mornings.
Ingredients you will need:
- Egg (substitute chia or flax egg)
- Almond mylk (substitute any type of Dairy free mylk you like)
- Maple syrup
- Vanilla extract
- Chocolate chips of choice
- Gluten free oats
- Baking powder
- Flaxseed meal (optional)
How can I make these vegan?
Making these baked oats vegan is simple! Replace the egg for either a chia egg, flax egg, or any type of egg replacers you use. And if you don’t know what the measurements are for chia/flax eggs here it is:
1 Tbsp chia or flax seed meal + 2.5 water
Add it all to a bowl and let it sit for at least 15 minutes or until it turns into a gelatinous consistency.
How to prepare batter:
Preparing the batter is simple. Add the wet ingredients and mix. And then add in the dry ingredients, mix, and fold in the chocolate chips. Add to two greased ramekins.
Cooking in air fryer:
Add one ramekin at a time to air fryer. And cook on 390°F for 5-6 minutes or until the top is golden brown. But keep an eye on it, so the top doesn’t burn, all air fryers vary in cook time. And once done let rest for 5-10 minutes.
Baking in oven:
And if you don’t have an air fryer, these can be baked in the oven, on 350°F for 20-25 minutes.
Can I meal prep ahead of time?
Yes! These air fried baked oats are perfecting for meal prepping in advance. But if you are using the raw gluten free oats, that I used in this recipe, please don’t leave the batter raw. I would suggest baking the day you meal prep them. And keep stored in the refrigerator covered and reheat in the morning. Because since the oats are raw, it will cause the batter to turn into a sharp, bitter flavor, and you won’t be happy about it. But if you are using regular oats or any other type of oats that are not raw, you can leave the batter raw, and bake in the morning you plan on eating.
Check out these other air fried baked oat recipes:
No Sugar Added Air Fried Lemon + Blueberry Baked Oats
Air Fried Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Gluten Free Oats
- 1 large egg Substitute chia or flax egg
- 1/4 cup almond mylk Substitute any dairy free mylk
- 1 large ripe banana
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup gluten free oats Substitute any type of oats you use
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 Tbsp flaxseed meal Optional, if you don't have omit
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips of your choice
- In a small bowl whisk egg
- Add ripe banana, mash, and mix
- Add rest of ingredients and mix
- Divide batter in 1/2 and add to two greased ramekins
- Add to air fryer and cook 390 for 5-6 minutes (keep and eye on it so it doesn’t burn)
- Let rest for 5 minutes
- And devour!