A summer favorite of mine when needing a quick 15 minute dinner, wild caught cod with a mango salsa. This meal comes together super fast and it taste better than what you would get in any restaurant. I paired mine with some roasted asparagus and air fried plantains for a well balanced meal.
You can meal prep the mango salsa in advance so that it has time to marinate the mango with all the flavors. I also will prepare my own seasonings in small bowl and have it ready in advance so that during my work nights I can come home and get this meal done in no time.
When I get home from work I will start by adding my sliced plantains to my air fryer and cook 370 F for 15 minutes. I will then add my asparagus to my baking dish lined with parchment paper and roast 400 F for 15 minutes. Once the time on the plantains and asparagus hits around 6 minutes left I start preparing my fish by seasoning the fish, adding to my greased grill pan, and cooking a few minutes each side.
The key to making quick and delicious meals in no time is multitasking in the kitchen. I plan out items to be used together that take around the same time to cook, so that everything will be done at the same time and only requires 15 minutes, especially during my work nights. Because lets be honest who wants to spend hours in the kitchen after a long day at work?
Wild Caught Cod with a Mango Salsa
- 1 filet wild caught cod
- 1 lime juiced
- 1/4 tsp Smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp Cumin
- 1/4 tsp Coriander
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne
- 1/4 tsp Garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp Chili powder
- Salt + pepper
- 1 tsp Fourth and Heart California garlic ghee sub avocado oil
- 2 mangos
- 1/3 cup cilantro
- 1/3 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup diced Persian cucumbers
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 lime juiced
- 1 Tbsp avocado oil
- 1/3 cup chopped cherry tomatoes
Wild caught cod
- Prepare your seasoning for fish by mixing all the seasonings in a small bowl
- Squeeze the lime juice on fish and season both sides of your fish with the seasoning
- Heat grill pan with California garlic ghee, add cod to pan, cook 2-3 minutes each side
- Chop everything, add to a bowl, season, mix and top your cooked fish with the salsa
- Store extra salsa in refrigerator