Do you remember those strawberry shortcake ice creams you used to get from the ice cream man? Well if you loved them as much as I did when I was a kid, you all are going to love these strawberry shortcake no bake blissballs. I like making these on Sunday so I have a stash in my freezer for when the sweet tooth come a knocking.
Here is what you are going to need:
- Soaked cashews
- Coconut butter
- Coconut flour
- Coconut oil
- Medjool dates ( I like to soak mine with cashews)
- Vanilla extract
- Freeze dried strawberries
- Optional: Unflavored Collagen Peptides
Add everything to a food processor except the freeze dried strawberries and process for 10 seconds. Then add in your freeze dried strawberries and pulse a couple times. You want the dough to be sticky and easily able to roll into balls. If too sticky you can wet your hands and roll into balls.
If you have some additional freeze dried strawberries leftover over, grind them up, and roll some your strawberry shortcake blissballs in it.
Frequently asked questions:
Why do I soak the cashews and dates?
By soaking the nuts, it helps break down phytic acid so it can be absorbed better. It helps digest them better by breaking down that phytic acid. By soaking the dates it is less work my food processor has to do since they are nice and soft
Is it necessary to soak them?
It isn’t necessary but it is my personal preference to do so.
How long should I soak them for?
I will typically soak mine overnight. However, if it is a last minute prep I will soak for at least an hour with warm water. Also be sure to rinse once done soaking so you can remove the phytic acid you broke down while letting them soak.
Strawberry Shortcake Blissballs
- 1 cups raw cashews soaked and rinsed soaking is optional
- 3 Tbsp raw coconut butter
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 2 Tbsp Coconut oil
- 4-5 medjool dates
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 handfuls of freeze dried strawberries
- 2 scoops Vital Proteins collagen peptides unflavored Optional
- Pulse everything in a food processor or high powered blender (expect for the freeze dried strawberries) until well combined and then add in strawberries and pulse a few times.
- Roll into balls and freeze for an hour and enjoy! I like to keep mine in freezer taste so much better almost frozen,it's like a fudge.