Simple Raspberry Chia Jam:
A simple homemade raspberry chia jam that can be prepare in under 10 minutes. As you all know, I love making everything from scratch when I can. Because it allows me to know exactly what ingredients I am putting into my creations and it allows me to tailor it to my liking. If you haven’t tried making your own homemade chia jam before, I highly suggest you try this recipe out.
Ingredients you will need:
- Chia seeds
- Zest of a orange
- Fresh raspberries
- Filtered water
- Optional add in: maple syrup and cinnamon sugar cookie seasoning
Steps to preparing the jam:
Using a small sauce pan, add all the ingredients into the pan, and with a wooden spoon smash the raspberries. Once the raspberries are smashed, mix, and stir throughout for about 1-2 minutes. Then add in the chia seeds and let it cook for a minute or so. Once the jam is mixed, turn off the heat, and let the jam sit at room temperature for about 10 minutes.
How to store your jam:
I store my jam in a mason jar in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. That is, if it last that long in your household.
Ways to use your homemade jam:
There are so many ways I like to use my homemade jam. And one of my favorites is my rendition of a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. I topped some of my favorite grain-free, gluten-free, vegan, and paleo Awgbakery bread with some of my homemade nut butter and raspberry chia jam for the ultimate toast combo.
Raspberry Chia Jam
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 2 Tbsp water
- 1 Tbsp zest of orange
- 1/3 cup chia seeds
- Optional: 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- Optional: 1 Tbsp Cinnamon sugar cookie seasoning
- Add raspberries to pot along with water and zest of orange (if using the maple syrup or the seasoning add as well)
- With a wooden spoon smash the raspberries
- Add in the chia seeds and mix
- Stirring throughout cook for about 1-2 minutes
- Let sit at room temperature to thicken up for about 10 minutes
- Store in a mason jar in the refrigerator for up to 5 days