These shrimp patties are a must add meal option for your busy weeknights. And it’s picky eater approved, so you don’t have to worry about people not enjoying them.
Ingredients you will need:
- Petite wild Oregon Shrimp, these come precooked. But you can also use raw shrimp.
- Lemon Nut Crumbs (substitute: bread crumbs, almond meal, all purpose flour, crackers)
- Garlic aioli Mayonnaise (substitute: dairy free mayo, plain greek yogurt, plain dairy free yogurt)
- Garlic powder
- Salt and pepper
- Olive oil
- Mozzarella cheese (substitute: dairy free cheese of choice)
- Fresh dill
How can I make these dairy free?
Turning these into a dairy free option is super simple. Simply substitute the garlic aioli mayonnaise with a dairy free option or plant based plain yogurt. And for the cheese, use a dairy free mozzarella cheese option. For the sauce, simple substitute the mayonnaise with dairy free mayonnaise or plain dairy free yogurt.
Can I use something other than shrimp?
Yes, feel free to substitute the shrimp with any other seafood or even chicken for these. Here are some ideas for substitutions:
Preparing the shrimp patties:
The first thing you want to do is add the shrimp and fresh cilantro to food processor. And pulse a few times until you get the shrimp and cilantro all chopped up. In a large bowl, whisk egg, add garlic aioli mayonnaise, olive oil, and mix. Add in the lemon nut crumbs, garlic powder, salt + pepper to taste, mozzarella cheese, and mix. And lastly, add in the chopped shrimp and cilantro mix, and mix it all up, and form into 12 patties.
Pan frying shrimp patties:
One option to cook these shrimp patties, is pan frying. Add oil to a pan on medium high heat and warm through. And add the patties to the pan and cook a few minutes each side. Once done, transfer to a dish, lined with paper towel, to soak up excess oil.
Baking shrimp patties:
The second option for cooking these shrimp patties, is baking in the oven. Add the shrimp patties to a lined baking dish, and bake 350° for 5-6 minutes each side.
Air frying shrimp patties:
And the last option for cooking, air frying. This is my favorite way of cooking them, because they turn out so crispy on the outside but juicy and soft in the inside. Add the shrimp patties to a greased air fryer dish and cook 400° for 10-12 minutes flipping half way through.
How to prepare the garlic lemon aioli:
Preparing the garlic lemon aioli is simple. Add all the ingredients to a small bowl and mix it all up. Top with additional fresh dill when serving.
Can I meal prep these in advance?
These make for a great prep ahead meal option. And the night you plan on enjoying, simply reheat either in air fryer or oven for 10 minutes or until heated through on 350°F. And if you double the recipe, freeze half the batch, for a night you have nothing planned, and need something quick.
What can I serve them with?
These are a great appetizer idea. But they also make a great protein option to throw together a well balanced meal. We enjoyed ours with sautéed kale and cabbage, and Instant pot bone broth white rice.
- 1 lb petite wild Oregon shrimp these came precooked but you can use raw shrimp too
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup lemon Nut Crumbs substitute bread crumbs, all purpose flour, almond meal, or crushed crackers of choice
- 1/4 cup Primal Kitchen garlic aioli mayo substitute plain mayo, plain greek yogurt, or any dairy free mayo options
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- Salt + pepper to taste
- 2 Tbsp olive oil + 1-2 for cooking
- 1 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese substitute dairy free cheese of choice
- Please note: If you aren’t using the garlic aioli mayo add 1-2 garlic cloves
Garlic lemon aioli:
- 1/3 cup Primal Kitchen garlic aioli mayo sub regular Mayo and 1 garlic clove minced, plain greek yogurt, plain dairy free yogurt
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 tsp fresh chopped dill
Shrimp patty instructions:
- Add petite shrimp and cilantro to food processor and pulse a few times, until it is mashed up
- In a large bowl, whisk egg, then add Mayo, olive oil, and mix
- Add lemon nut crumbs, mozzarella cheese, salt + pepper, and mix
- Add the shrimp + cilantro, and mix
- Form into 12 patties
Cooking Instructions options:
- Pan fry with oil for a few minutes each side
- Bake 350 F for 5 minutes each side
- Air fry 400 F for 12 minutes
Garlic + lemon aioli:
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl