As most of you already know my all time favorite snack to make at home are my blissballs. They are easy to make, you can mix up the flavor combinations every week, and they are made with real ingredients. I like making my own snack at home because it allows me know exactly what are going into my snacks. A lot of the times store bought snacks are just loaded with sugars and the not so healthy crap that go into making those snacks. These bliss balls are vegan, gluten free, dairy free, and refined sugar free. I hope these become your new snack staple.
What you will need for these include:
- Raw coconut shreds
- Sprouted gluten free quick oats
- Creamy peanut butter (substitute any nut/seed butter)
- Raw cashews
- Soaked medjool dates ( I soaked mine for about 30 minutes in hot water)
- Vanilla extract
- Some of the reserved date water that you had your dates soaking in
You are going to add all the ingredients to your food processor. Process for about 30 seconds adding 1 tbsp at a time of the date water ( I did 4 tbsp total). You want the batter to be sticky to easily roll into balls. If it is too dry keep adding 1 tbsp at a time of the date water, until you get your desired consistency. If they are too wet add in a bit more gluten free sprouted oats.
Next you are going to roll into about 20 small balls and add to a lined baking dish.
I then rolled the balls into some raw coconut shreds, but this step is totally optional.
I like to store mine in my freezer in an airtight container. When I am ready to eat, I pull a couple out and let them sit at room temperature for a minute or so.
I can’t wait for you to try these and let me know what you think!
Here are some other blissball recipes you may enjoy too:
Salted caramel blissballs
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 1/2 cup coconut shreds
- 1/2 cup sprouted gluten free quick oats
- 5 medjool dates
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 4 tbsp date water the water you used to soak dates
- Add all ingredients to food processor
- Process for 30 seconds
- Add 1 tbsp at a time of date water and add more until you reach desired consistency
- Roll into balls
- Roll into coconut shreds or you can dip in melted chocolate
- Store in refrigerator for up to a week or freezer for longer