Rosemary Garlic Smashed Potatoes:
If you haven’t tried making rosemary smashed potatoes yet, you all are missing out. Any sort of potatoes are one of my favorite side dishes. Whether it is sweet potatoes, red potatoes, yukon gold potatoes, mashed potatoes, I want it! But at the top of my list, are these rosemary garlic smashed potatoes. They have a crispy skin on the outside and nice and tender in the middle. And they make for the perfect side dish to any meal you are having. I like to meal prep mine on Sunday and reheat during the week when I plan on having for dinner.
Here is how to make them:
- Steam your red potatoes for 10-15 minutes or until fork tender
- Drain your potatoes and transfer to a baking dish lined with parchment paper
- Take a potato masher or something flat and press down on the potatoes to smash
- Add your melted California garlic ghee (or any oil you use) all over the potatoes, make sure to coat the skin
- Add salt and pepper to potatoes
- Bake on 425 F for 25-30 minutes
- Once down top with fresh rosemary
How to store:
I store mine in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days and will reheat in my convection oven on 425 for 5-10 minutes for my weeknight meals.
Rosemary Garlic Smashed Potatoes
- 4-6 red potatoes
- Fresh rosemary
- 2 Tbsp california garlic ghee
- Salt + pepper to taste
- Steam potatoes for 10-15 minutes until fork tender.
- Drain and transfer to a baking dish lined with parchment paper.
- With a potato masher, smash potatoes.
- Add melted ghee, salt + pepper and roast 425 for 25-30 minutes.
- Top with fresh rosemary.