Roasted tomato Jalapeño soup:
This roasted tomato jalapeño soup is one of my favorites to meal prep. Because it is the easiest to prep and the flavor combo is beyond amazing. And if you have never made grilled cheese croutons to go with your tomato soup, you need to make ASAP!
Ingredients you will need:
- Olive oil
- Salt + pepper
- Vegetable broth
- Grain free bread or any bread of choice
- Pepper jack cheese or any type of cheese you like
- Ghee or butter
How to prepare:
Add roughly chopped tomatoes, jalapeño, onions, garlic, and celery to a baking dish lined with parchment paper. And drizzle with avocado oil, add salt + pepper, and mix. Bake 400°F 35-40 minutes. But if you want them extra charred, you can broil for a few minutes.
Creating the soup:
Once the vegetables are done roasting, carefully transfer everything to a blender, including the juices. And blend it all up. But for a thinner consistency, add 1/4 cup at a time of vegetable broth, and blend until you get your desired consistency.
Grilled cheese croutons:
Once the soup is prepped, set it aside, and start preparing your grilled cheese croutons. Add ghee or butter to two slices of bread (I used Awgbakery grain free everyday bread). Next, add pepper jack cheese to bread and cook a few minutes each side. And once the grilled cheese is done, let it rest a few minutes. Then chop into bite size pieces and top the soup with the croutons. And top with fresh cilantro.
Roasted Tomato Jalapeño soup
- 1-2 Tbsp avocado oil
- 4-6 medium tomatoes
- 1/2 small yellow onion roughly chopped
- 1 small Jalapeño deseeded you could omit if you can't handle spice or do less
- 4 celery stalks roughly chopped
- 4-5 whole garlic cloves
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth Add 1/4 cup at a time until you reach desired consistency
- Add everything to a baking dish
- Drizzle with avocado oil, add salt and pepper, and mix
- Bake 400°F for 35-40 minutes
- Once done, carefully transfer roasted veggies along with the juices to a blender, and mix
- If it is too thick, add 1/4 cup at a time of vegetable broth, and blend until you reach desired consistency
- Top with fresh cilantro and grilled cheese croutons