Roasted Beet Hummus:
One of our favorite appetizers is hummus. And this roasted beet hummus not only is delicious but it is the most gorgeous hummus! It is super easy to prepare at home and makes for a great prep ahead snack or side dish for your week.
Ingredients you will need for hummus:
- Reserved liquid from chickpeas or water
- Roasted garlic
- Salt and pepper
- Olive Oil
- Lemon juice
- Roasted beets
- Olive oil
- Lemon Zest
How to roast the beets + garlic:
Peel and chop once small beet and add to a lined baking dish. I throw in about 4 whole garlic cloves too. And I don’t even bother removing the skin of the garlic. Because once done I just squeeze out the roasted garlic. Add some avocado oil, salt + pepper, and bake 400°F for about 30 minutes or until fork tender. And let cool for at least 10 minutes once done.
How to prepare the hummus:
Rinse and drain the chickpeas. And I like to peel the skins off my chickpeas but this is just a personal preference. But I have found that it makes the hummus extra creamy. Add the rest of the ingredients to the food processor and process until you get a smooth, creamy consistency.
Plating the hummus:
Add the hummus to a bowl, drizzle with extra olive oil, and a sprinkle of hemp seeds.
What do I enjoy it with?
Enjoy the hummus with pita chips, pita bread, flat bread, crackers, or vegetables. Check out this crudité platter.
Can I meal prep in advance?
Yes, this is a great prep ahead dish. And it can be enjoyed in a variety of ways throughout the week.
How do I store it?
Store it in an airtight container and enjoy within 3-4 days of making.
Check out these other hummus recipes:
Cauliflower Garlic Turmeric Hummus
Roasted Beet Hummus
- 15 oz can chickpeas
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- 3-4 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 lemon zested
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper
- 3-4 roasted garlic cloves
- 1 small beet roasted
- 2 Tbsp leftover juice from draining chickpeas or water
- Peel and chop your beet into cubes.
- Add to liner baking dish along with garlic cloves. Spray with avocado oil, salt + pepper, and bake 400 F for 30 minutes
- Drain the chickpeas reserving some of the liquid. Optional peel off the skins of chickpeas
- Add everything to food processor and process until you get a creamy consistency.
- Add to a bowl, drizzle more olive oil, and hemp seeds
- Keep stored in airtight container in the refrigerator