Pumpkin spice delicata squash fries:
Okay I know what you all are thinking…pumpkin spice delicata squash fries? YES believe it, they are so freaking delicious and if you haven’t tried a sweet version of squash fries, it is time you give them a try. I have made a savory squash fry version before and thought why not make a sweet version using pumpkin spice.
Ingredients you will need:
- Delicata squash ( I buy mine at Trader Joes, but most grocery stores this time of year will have)
- I used Fourth and Heart Vanilla Bean Ghee but Coconut oil can also be used
- Pumpkin pie spice seasoning
- Coconut butter
First thing I did was washed my squash really well. The skin on the delicata squash is edible so don’t skip this step. Then I sliced in half (vertically), with a spoon I scraped out the middle with all the seeds, and then laid the squash flesh side down, and cut into 1 inch thick slices.
What to top with:
Once everything was chopped, I melted my ghee, and added to the squash I had in a bowl along with the seasoning. And then I laid them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, and baked 400 F for about 15-20 minutes. Once done I drizzled melted raw coconut butter on top.
I stored mine in an airtight container in the refrigerator. I either enjoyed cold or I reheated in my convection oven for a couple minutes.
How to enjoy them:
I like having these along with some yogurt, by themselves, in salads, or even with a scoop of some dairy-free vanilla bean gelato. The possibilities are endless!
Check out these other squash recipes:
Pumpkin Pie Delicata Squash Fries
- 2 delicata squashes
- 1 Tbsp vanilla bean ghee or coconut oil
- 1/2 Tbsp pumpkin spice seasoning
- 1 Tbsp coconut butter
- Wash your delicata squash
- Slice in half (vertically)
- Remove seeds
- Slice into 1 inch think fries
- Coat with melted ghee or coconut oil, pumpkin pie spice seasoning
- Bake 400 F for 15-20 minutes
- Drizzle melted coconut butter on top