Stuffed acorn squash:
If it can be stuffed you better believe I am making something with it. One of my fall staples is acorn squash, it has such a delicious nutty flavor to it, I just can’t get enough. This combination is one of my favorite fall combinations. It taste like fall in your mouth and is easy to prepare. I like to meal prep everything in advance on Sunday’s so that it is ready to go during my busy work nights.
Here is what you will need:
- Mild Italian chicken sausage
- 1 acorn squash cut in half and the seeds removed
- Diced apples
- Red onion
- Fresh Sage
- Fourth and Heart California garlic ghee (substitute avocado oil or coconut oil)
How to prepare:
The first thing you are going to do is roast your acorn squash for 30 minutes on 400 degrees. While it is roasting you can prepare your sausage filling. Add your ghee to a pan and heat, then add in the onions, sage, salt + pepper and cook for a few minutes. Then add in your chicken sausage, cilantro, and cook for 5-7 minutes. Add in your diced apples and cook until the apples are softened a bit, but still with a nice crunch to it. Lastly, stuff your roasted acorn squashes with the sausage mixture. The night you are going to have for dinner, add your a baking dish lined with parchment paper and bake 400 for 10 minutes.
Stuffed acorn squash with chicken Italian sausage and apple
- 1 acorn squash roasted 400 for 30 minutes
- 1 lb chicken Italian sausage
- 1 gala Apple
- 2 Tbsp sage
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1 Tbsp Fourth and Heart California garlic ghee Sub avocado oil or coconut oil
- Heat pan with ghee, add onions, sage,
- salt + pepper, and cook for 3-5 minutes.
- Add chicken sausage, cilantro, and cook for 5-7 minutes.
- Add Apple and cook for another few minutes.
- Stuff roasted acorn squash with chicken sausage and bake 400 for 10 minutes.