One of my favorite Thai dishes is pad thai. Pad thai is traditionally made as a stir-fry with rice noodles, but you all know I like to put my own spin on traditionally dishes. So I created my own version of pad thai using carrot “noodles.” This dish only requires one pan, takes less than 15 minutes to prepare, and can be meal prepped in advance,
First things first, you want to spiralize your carrots to create your “noodles.” The way that I made my carrot noodles is by spiralizing my carrots in my spiralizer.
Once you have those spiralized, set them aside and start cooking your shrimp by adding to a pan with ghee, salt and pepper, and cook a few minutes. Once your shrimp are done, transfer to a plate and scramble your eggs in the pan. Remove your scrambled eggs and add to the plate with the the shrimp and prepare your carrot noodles. Add your carrot noodles, coconut aminos, sesame oil, chili sauce, lime juice, garlic, ginger, and green onions and cook for 5 minutes, stirring throughout. Then add back in the shrimp and eggs, mix, add salt and pepper to taste, and enjoy!
Carrot Noodle Pad Thai
- 1 tbsp California garlic ghee
- 2 cups Spiralized carrots
- 1 lb wild caught Shrimp
- 1/4 cup diced Green onion
- 2 tsp minced Garlic
- 1 tsp minced ginger
- 1 Lime juiced
- 1/4 cup Coconut aminos
- 1/2 tsp Sesame oil
- 1 tsp Chili paste
- 2 Pasture Raised eggs
- Add ghee to pan and add raw shrimps to pan season with salt + pepper. Cook a few minutes and transfer to a plate.
- Whisk eggs and add to pan and cook, and transfer to plate with shrimp.
- Add spiralized noodles to pan with coconut aminos, sesame oil, lime juice, chili sauce, garlic, ginger, and green onions. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the eggs and shrimp back to pan, mix, and serve warm.