Here is another one pan wonder meal that can be prepared in 15 minutes. Now you all know I am all about the quick meals, especially after a long day at work, but I never will skimp on flavor. No bland meals allowed in my kitchen. I don’t label or deprive the way I eat, but my body does feel best eating more of a paleo, whole30ish, grain free way. But I think it is super important to listen to your body and give it what it wants, all things in moderation is key.
This one pan wonder is:
Grain free ✅
Sugar free ✅
If you are doing whole30 the brand I like to use is Pederson’s Farms, they have such a great assortment of sugar free items. You can check our their website here.
This meal is super easy to prepare and makes for the perfect weeknight dinner. What you are going to do is add ghee to a large pan, heat, add sliced onions with salt and pepper and caramelize for 5-7 minutes. Then add in sliced bell peppers, sauce for 5 minutes, then add in cabbage and filtered water to steam faster. Then move the veggie mixture to be able to fit in the bratwurst, and cook a few minutes each side. Top with fresh cilantro, drizzle some mustard over the top, and enjoy!
One pan bratwurst and veggies
- 1 package (4) Pederson’s farm no sugar added double smoked bratwurst
- 2 cups cabbage
- 2 red bell peppers
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1/2 yellow onion sliced
- 1 tbsp fourth and heart California garlic ghee
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4-1/2 filtered water
- Add ghee to large pan and heat
- Add sliced onions, salt and pepper, and caramelize for 5-7 minutes
- Add sliced bell peppers and cook for 5 minutes
- Add cabbage and filtered water to help steam it faster (start with 1/4 cup water and add more if needed)
- Add bratwurst to veggie mixture and cook a couple minutes each side