I like have options for a variety of meals, especially when it comes to pizza’s. I don’t always want cauliflower crust pizza’s but when I do I make sure they are locked and loaded with the goods. The trick to making sure your cauliflower crust pizza doesn’t turn into a soggy mess, is to not add too much sauce in my opinion. I also like to pre bake mine to get it nice and crispy before I even add anything to it.
The cauliflower crust I have found to be delicious and not become soggy when baked is a brand called Cali’flour foods original crust. I defrost mine over night, then I pre bake for 7 minutes on 375. I let cool and then add all my toppings, including my homemade pesto. Once the crust is loaded with all the topping, I place back in the oven on 375 for 10 minutes. I let cool a few minutes before cutting and then we devour!
To make the pesto is easy, here is what you will need:
- Garlic cloves
- Olive oil
- Juice of a lemon
- Celtic sea salt
- Hemp seeds
- Pine nuts
Add all the ingredients in a food processor and process until you get you desired consistency. If you would like it thinner just add more olive oil as you are processing. Store any extra in a mason jar for up to a week in the refrigerator.
Use whatever Cauliflower crust you enjoy, I personally like using Cali’flour original cauliflower crust.
Homemade Cauliflower Pesto Pizza
- 2 chicken jalapeño sausages cooked and chopped
- 2 tbsp red onion
- 1/4 cup artichokes
- 1 tbsp green olives
- 1/4 cup mushrooms
- 5 cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup feta cheese optional
- 2 tbsp chopped basil
Spinach cilantro pesto:
- 1 cup basil
- 1 cup spinach
- Handful of cilantro
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup hemp seeds
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 1 lemon juiced
- Pinch of Celtic sea salt
- Pulse all ingredients for the pesto in food processor and set aside
- Defrost Cali'flour foods original cauliflower crust (I let mine defrost over night in fridge)
- Bake crust 375 for 7 minutes and let cool
- Add some homemade pesto to cooled crust
- Add chicken jalapeño sausage, red onion, artichokes, green olives, mushrooms, cherry tomatoes, feta cheese (optional), and basil.
- Bake 375 for 10 minutes
- Let cool before slicing and devour!